Sunday 14 April 2019

" THEY CALL ME MISTER PPIIGG ! "

As I continue to finish the Zodiac Warriors I've got another four finished, first up is a Chinese Pot Bellied Pig

I decided to give him a blunt force weapon, the Chinese mace.
Next up is a Rabbit, I took on board Jez's idea and equipped him with the wind and fire disks, I have changed the design slightly from tradition, after watching a demonstration of these weapons in use and how easily the back facing blades cut their user.

Next up is the dog, I've based it on a Chinese breed the Akita, I don't know what this weapon is called, but thought it looked cool.

The Rat is also finished, and I took on board Jez's suggestion on this one, reminds me of Splinter from TMNT, but this is purely coincidental !

Have started the last three, with the horse being the closest to completion, the Ox has had all the blocking done now and the Tiger has had the frame built.

That's it for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Great looking minis...and weapons!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, and good to see you on here
      Delete
  2. That rabbit is superb mate. The others are excellent but that rabbit is the business
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, I used the Rinzler pose from Tron Legacy as the basis as he had two disc weapons as well
      Delete
  3. I like them all, Dave. I particularly like that each one has a different weapon. That's a nice touch.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, tried to find a weapon that suited each animal, the horse has a very fantasy style weapon, Ying and Yang blades, but all the others are ancient Chinese weapons
      Delete
  4. Marvellous green-stuff work, Dave, and doubtless some of your terrific paint-jobs to come too?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, hopefully on the painting, I think the most tricky one will be the Tiger, which will probably bethe last in the que
      Delete
  5. Love both the Rabbit and the Rst, Dave. So, we have a monkey and a pig...just need Sandy and we have an alternative 'Journey to the West'. "He's irrepressible!"
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, have recently watched the new version, which for a remake wasn't bad, do remember the originals as well from the early black and white to the later colour version as well. Maybe I could do a female water demon like the new version, will have to see
      Delete
  6. Just getting better and better Dave!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, always trying to push myself further
      Delete
  7. Some more lovely characters. Keep them coming.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, three more to go, four if you count Jez's idea for a Sandy model
      Delete
  8. More really nice figures Dave, the Horse reminded me of the old cartoon "Bravestarr" as he had a horse that could transform into a something like that,

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I remember the cartoon and it's where I got the idea for his body positioning from
      Delete
  9. More nice additions. Would love someone to do a proper Bravestarr range. Bucky O'Hare could be cool as well.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, space cowboys is doable without getting in too much trouble with copyright will look at Bucky and see what’s possible
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment