Sunday 14 April 2019

" FROM THE VAULT"

So I've had several people who've visited my workroom ask if I'll show some of my armies, not knowing which to show first I've photographed a sample and will let you decide which you'd like to see first, this might also help me finish some of these forces.
" DEMONS "
First up is a couple of models from my Slaneesh Demon force

First off is a conversion of Abyssa based off of Wayne Englands artwork from the visions of Heresay books, here is the original art I based it off

Next up is a Herald on steed, this was another conversion

" PINK & BLACK ATTACK "
next up are a couple of examples from my Emperor's Children Army
First is a converted Forgeworld Dreadnought, this was painted in pink with black markings to denote not being a noise marine.
This is a converted noise marine champion in terminator armour, as you can see he's painted black with pink markings to denote being a noise marine.

" DEATH FROM ABOVE "
Next are a couple of examples from my chapter of space marines the Night Hawks, these featured in White Dwarf 231 many years ago
This is the captain of my scout company Captain Tranquillitatis
This is the chaplain for my scout company Serenitatis

" THEY DELIGHT IN YOUR TORTURE "
Next up is two of the three clans I have for my Dark Eldar
This is one of the raiders for my Wych Cult, the " Cult Of The Crimson Veil "
Last up is a Razorwing Fighter by Forgeworld, this is part of my "Kabal of the Bloody Claw"
Still very busy with shows at the moment, but hopefully should have more time from next week to do some new bits, until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Those figures and paint jobs are absolutely gorgeous!

    Slaanesh is (was - when I played) my favourite of the Chaos Gods, so my vote would be for them ... But seeing the Marines, the colours and painting, and I'm thinking those would be worth asking to see first too.

    Dark Eldar were just emerging on the scene when last I played any of GW's games, so I'm not too familiar with them. In fact, Forge World was still a relatively young addition at the point when I lost interest in miniature gaming for a number of years. Anyway, my vote is Slaanesh. Closely followed by the Marines.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy, will log both your votes. Never found many people doing Slaneesh when I was working for GW, so for me was the obvious choice, plus with their number being 6 didn't have to do too many models for a unit, which was also appealing.
      The marines are my oldest army and have been adding to them and refining their character and background for many years, very much a labour of love, and eventually would like to complete the entire chaptor
      Delete
    2. You've just reminded me of the chap who organised and ran the gaming club where I live in the early '90s. Adrian Muir, shortish bald-headed chap, from Yorkshire as far as I know. He worked as a Mail Order Troll around 1995 to 1997, came back north with a WHFB Slaanesh army he'd started on while working there.
    3. I actually know a lot of GW staff did Slaneesh armies up and down the country, some a lot more perverted than others, wanted to do mine tasteful, rather than shocking ! LOL
      Delete
  2. Terrific posting, Dave, with some tip top conversions and plenty of colourful paint-jobs on show too!! marvellous work on the pinks especially imho. More demons for me please :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I thought you may cast your vote towards the Demon's as you do a lot yourself
      Delete
  3. Eye popping, mouth wateringly gorgeous eye candy Dave, and it's difficult to make a choice between them!
    After a think over a brew, I'm casting my vote for the Cult Of The Crimson Veil :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, can't go wrong with a vote for an all female army really now can you ! LOL Didn't show the " Cult of Pain" as I've got very little done for them other than a couple of test pieces and some conversions
      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Emperors Children. I always loved the vibrancy of the armies of Slaanesh. Look forward to seeing more of them. Abyssa is fabulous a very nice job on duplicating the artwork in miniature form!

    Love the Night Hawks as well very nice paintjobs especially the captains battle scarred face.

    I love that scheme on the Dark Eldar. I always felt that the Dark Eldar a strange range. Some of them never really live up to the artwork and lack the grace that comes across with the Eldar.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I tried to do a colour scheme that stood out but followeed a theme on my Emperor's Children, Abyssa was one of the first models I tried doing open mouth with effective looking teeth.
      The Night Hawks will always be my favourite as they were my first army and my creation rather than following a codex chapter.
      When Dark Eldar first came out, the model range was very limited, second edition gave a lot more variety but seemed to slip into spikey eldar, which ment a lot more conversion work was needed.
      Delete
  5. What fabulous work! The dark elder are cool but the Slaaneshi look brilliant K
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, so is that a split vote for you ? LOL
      Delete
  6. As a collector of a Dark Eldar army myself, my vote is for your own Dark Eldar. The idea of an all female army really appeals to me!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, it was done to highlight the fact of not enough female models being produced by GW, as I originally made it to take to a GW tournament, I don't think they noticed but it did make finalist in the army painting competition at the same event
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment