Sunday 14 April 2019

" GET YOUR GLAD RAGS ON "

Not had much time for personal hobby time, as I've either been casting or working on the Traventi Gladiators. This new race will be getting some new race specific weaponry as well as a couple of standard items, like the shields and swords although they will have their own unique look.
I've made 3 bodies male, female, and a female in heavy armour
male will come with attack shield and mace/flail
female may have a Hunga Munga and shield
Female in heavy armour will come with a pair of bucklers
the 3 different shield designs

As with the other races, each model will come with a set of weapons but a weapon pack with all the options will be available as well, and all the options will fit all 3 bodies.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT !
With my current state of health, I tend to interact with online friends a lot, and don't really see many people at all at my house or local friends houses. This isn't necessarily a problem just something that happens, but a friend who I have known for 20 years passed away this week, he was only in his early 40's, now I hadn't spoken to this person for a long time, as we had changed circumstances and just lost contact.
This got me thinking how often do we ask people we know if their all right, if we've not seen them on the blogs for a while ? Or how often do we not comment on a post, because of time, or just being too busy.
Now this is not meant as a criticism of anyone, just a thought provoker the next time you sit there thinking I've not seen . . . . . . . . .  on the blogs for a while, drop them a message, you could really cheer up their day or get them out of a funk. You never  know how long any of us have !
I promise next time I'll be back to just models, until then have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Bl**dy LOVE that male Traventi Gladiator, I could easily find a place for him in my pretty vast) Traventi collection.

    About the other matter. I too just lost a best friend... going all the way back to my childhood. He was younger than me and leaves behind a lovely wife and family. What you say is right, which is why I always keep my finger on the pulse as much as I can and ask people I know "have you seen so and so lately" if I feel they are absent from normal routine. I think this is important. I think it makes us human, and I think if we don't, we should stop to considerer are we being selfish by not caring?

    Your words carry a good message Dave, and one I fully endorse.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, the male is the closest to completion, but bizarrely the last one started ! Go Figure LOL
      I guess when it's somebody younger, we reflect on our own mortality and how we live our lives, since being part of the blogging community, I have a lot more friends online, and have often contacted people as I've not seen them around, takes two minutes and shows people are missed
      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, went for large bases so I could make them dynamic
      Delete
  3. Hi Dave, certainly the first male figure is the outstanding one, the pose is spot on in my opinion.

    Mortality is something we recognise as inevitable, as we grow older, when we are youff's it doesn't exist.
    I think the other thing is that we don't put much of ourselves on the blog, I don't think our sort of blog is a window into our soul, maybe it could be more so! who knows?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, glad you like the male the other two look better when the weapons are attached.
      Your not wrong, when young we feel invincible, and as time moves on our bodies like to let us know we’re not ! With gaming I think we show a lot of our psyche not so much of our reality, both have merit but people share what they’re comfortable with, and there is nothing wrong with that
      Delete
  4. I'm most definitely liking the look of these figures, Dave.

    I agree with you 100% about your views on mortality. Ever since I had major surgery in 2013 it is something that has been on mind constantly. It made me re-evaluate my life so that now I cherish my time on Earth and to have a positive and caring attitude. There are numerous followers of my blog who have lost contact with me and I do wonder how they are? I suspect that in many cases family commitments has forced them to move on but that is pure speculation on my part. You have certainly provided me with food for thought. Well done on raising a very good point, mate.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, wanted a old school feel for these gladiators, with some modern tech as well.
      Mortality is a funny thing, still felt invincible right up to my accident, as I always kept on fighting through, now try to live every day as if it’s my last to make the most of it.
      Life can be hectic and can make free time hard to find, but reaching out to someone can really help if they’re struggling and don’t feel they can ask
      Delete
  5. Cracking sculpt Dave! As for the other matter, well let's just say that I have benefited from just such an inquiry and it really does make your day. Thank you Dave. :)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, and you are most welcome mate
      Delete
  6. Love that Traventi mate, brilliant!

    I get ya! It’s sad losing touch like that only to find that they hav3 passed and at such a young age. No traumatic event changed my view point on living life, but the job opens your eyes to how short life can be so I try to fill my time with fun stuff.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy.
      With your job you must see a lot of tragedy, and can fully understand wanting fun stuff for your down time. I did a lot of cool but normally dangerous things before my accident, but would easily fall into the trap of " there's always tomorrow !" now I work on there's today !
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment