Sunday 14 April 2019

" DIORAMA AND BUSTS "

Been very busy on commission recently, my client has very kindly allowed me to share pictures with you all. He asked if I could make a scene from a piece of artwork and here is the result

This was the artwork it was based off

Having finished this one I've started on a bust for the same client, of an Eldar Warlock
This work on a bust has sparked a bit more interest in myself for this type of model, previously I've only worked on two others, my Death Bust which I sculpted but didn't paint
and the anonymous bust I painted after attending a colour theory course with Banshee
The story behind this was a barbarian walking through a dungeon with his face partially light by torch light
This renewed interest in busts has encouraged me to start painting this Forgeworld I bought when it was released and never did anything with, happy with the face so far and now starting to sketch in the colours
Until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave  

18 comments:

  1. What an amazing diorama Dave, such dynamism - brilliant stuff!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, the client is happy which is the name of the game at the end of the day
      Delete
  2. Dynamic is an understatement for that diorama Dave, great work, and the bust looks good too. Nice to see you being super-busy :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, trying to keep up with all the aspects is the real trick ! LOL
      Delete
  3. Very impressive, Dave.
    Reply
  4. The diorama looks awesome Dave, what fantastic detail and execution. Amazing!!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers Andy, much appreciated mate, managed to get it done in relatively quick time as it was started a week after Salute
      Delete
  5. Terrific work Dave, the amount of detail in the diorama is STUNNING - right down to the 'tattered' cloak!!
    Did you "find" the rock, or did you produce that as well? If you've carved or sculpted it, I'd love to know how ;-)

    I love the busts too, and they make me wish I had somewhere I could keep and display similar works of art.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, the cloak was certainly easier to do than the ribbons, but both had their tricky points. The rock was sculpted and is actually very easy to do, shape your modelling putty ( I used sculpy on this one) to the rough shape you want, then using a real stone with suitable texture (a piece of slate on this one) press in to the putty to add texture, and viola you have a rock the right shape and size you need.
      As anyone who has visited my workshop will tell you I'm seriously running out of space ! LOL But can't resist interesting models that appeal
      Delete
  6. That Diorama looks cracking Dave! Great start to the Warlock bust as well so smooth!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, it was fun to do something different, the bust is a whole new level of detail that is a great challenge
      Delete
  7. Cracking work all round, love the action posing on that diorama!

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, can't take all the credit was just following the picture the client wanted replicating
      Delete
    2. Amazing work Dave. You should probably sculpt fo a living, you are really really good at it!
    3. Thank you Anonymous, funny you should say that as that's what I do
      Delete
  8. Tasty Dave. I remember seeing some of that when I was at your house. The new piece is pretty wow isn`t it :-)))
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, the client is happy with the piece, and liking how far I've progressed on his bust as well, still a long way to go yet, have managed to fit a bit more painting in on the commissar as well but that one is definitely a piece just for the fun of painting it
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment