Sunday 14 April 2019

" OFF THE WORKBENCH "

This week I've got a few bits to show that I've been working on, first up is the male Nisari based off of Jez's concept sketch, Jez also came up with the pose he would like to see him in, hope I've captured what he envisioned

Next up is another Jez concept the finished Grice, Jez wanted to see a vicious pig so I used prehistoric pigs and pigs from mythology as the basis for this one

The male Creminisci is now finished as well, Jez has also come up with an idea of casting these in translucent blue for helping get an interesting effect when painting, I didn't cast this one in it as I already had a fish colour scheme in mind which was a honey dwarf gourami, which is one of my favourite fish.

Have also completed the last model for DM from the original listing the Revili in heavy armour, as with the other models the arms in the weapon pack can be swapped for alternative weapon combinations, and it also comes with an alternative bare head.

next up are a couple of green's I'm working on first is the Kajaka that I mentioned in the recent story

Next is something new a Medusan, based off the idea of the Greek gorgon' I can't decide on having them turn people to stone, or having them melt, but will work out the details.

Well that's it for now as I have a lot going on at the moment, hopefully will have more next week, so until then have fun !
Cheers Dave

10 comments:

  1. Ah, so THAT'S what he looks like...lol. Love the pose, Dave. I'm glad you were able to make sense of my vague descriptions and turn it into something rather special. I can imagine that Nisari pelting across a Bloodbowl field, even though the ball's te other way, ready to take down other players.

    And the Grice looks lovely now he's got a lick of paint on him. I have to admit to not initially thinking the head was 'piggy' enough, but now it's painted, it looks 'right'.

    And also nice to see the male Creminisci painted up. I wonder if a Clownfish colour scheme would work..."I am Nemo", "No, I am Nemo"...lol

    And the WUPs look interesting too. I did wonder what a Kajaka looked like, having read about them in the rules and the Medusan looks interesting too. Will they have a brightly coloured crest to draw attention, allowing them to catch their victims? As for what the stare does, it would depend on the reason for it. Do they actually turn their victims to stone or does their gaze lock their victims muscles in place, to immobilse them and then carry them off for whatever nefarious purpose they have in mind? The latter would have the same effect in game, but allow for desperate rescue attempts from other players, which are always fun.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank's Jez, was pleased with the Nisari and his look of speed from your idea, The Grice needed the paint to show him off properly, with the Creminisci I think any colour scheme would work with careful placing of the pattern to show off it's shapes.
      You bring up some very interesting ideas for the Medusan which I shall take on board, I was thinking that it's only the central eye that causes the effect, so it keeps it closed until needed, using the other six for normal sight
      Delete
    2. Ah, I see. I was kind of assuming that the hesd crest was iridescent, but i'm now thinking along the lines of a peacock, with false 'eyes' along the crest, with which it atteacts and confuses its victims.

      How are the sump rats coming along? Oh, and apologies for being somewhat quiet of late - work has been a bit of b*tch and i haven't really had time for much else.
    3. No problem Jez can fully understand how busy life can get, don't feel I've really had much time recently to work on as much as I need to.
      Haven't started the sump rats yet other than an initial sketch that I'm not happy with
      Delete
  2. Very nice, I love this cute prehistoric pig!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, so he hasn't got a face only a mother would love
      Delete
  3. “Mumm-ra” looks excellent Dave 😉

    great sculpting! certainly my favourite from today’s post.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andy, there is definitely a mummy vibe, no idea who mumm-ra is ! LOL thunder thunder cats
      Delete
  4. Very cool liking the Mummy I am reminded very much of Mumm-ra from Thundercats by him. Nice work on the vicious pig and the rest.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I know Jez likes thunder cats and he came up with the concept, hopefully it's different enough so no law suits ! LOL
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment