Sunday 14 April 2019

" OUT OF THE FORGE "

With the current heat I thought this would be an apt title, as everywhere I'm trying to work feels as hot as a FORGE ! LOL
JUST A GIRL, HER DOG, AND A TANKER FULL OF GAS WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
Recently finished the painting on the dingo for Maxine so here is a picture of all three elements together, these are now available

GETTING THE BAND TOGETHER
Have made some progress on the last remaining band members for Jabba's palace, first is the second drummer and the start of the drum kit

Next up is Max Reebo which I've finally finished sculpting

Have also started the three back up singers which are the last three needed

BIG HERBIVORE
Next up I have finished the Bronton, which in DM is going to be a large herbivore, that wanders the plains in herds, will do a calf at a later point, first I want to do a modified one with a howdah.

Next weekend I will be at Bovington Tank Museum for the annual wargaming show, so might be a while before my next post, as I have lots to do before then, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Maxine, her dingo and the truck are quite outstanding and have certainly gone high on my "must buy" list.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, was actually fun to paint, and the dingo I managed in less than 2 hours using mostly glazes and washes for the fur colours
      Delete
  2. Did someone say forge? Haha, I figure I would stop messing around with the anonymous title. Sculpts are looking great Dave. Miss you over at cmon, but I have slowly fell off that wagon as well.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, and good to have you on board with an avatar ! LOL Yes with all the problems posting on CMON, I've not bothered, and unless they sort out the problems not likely to return.
      Thank you on the sculpts, with the blog actually doing some of my own hobby nowadays
      Delete
    2. This is your ole buddy digganob, just incase you didn't remember me lol.
    3. how could I ever forget you mate, I had guessed it was you. Will be over to see you in October, will email you closer to the time, so we can organise a convenient date and time for you
      Delete
    4. Sounds great bud. Can't wait. Also might be able to get you some good deals over here on things too, just let me know.
  3. Well I do love a big Star Wars flavoured post and this is no exception - fabulous progress Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I managed some more progress on the ladies and drum last night, so hope to have them finished soon
      Delete
  4. All good stuff Dave, I too dislike the heat!

    We are British after all!

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, if it was just the heat I could cope, it's how much it effects casting and fibreglassing that causes me problems as it pushes me back on my work schedule, but I'll find a way through eventually ! LOL
      Delete
  5. Some great sculpts here mate, top notch
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, sculpting seems to be the one thing heat is not affecting ! LOL
      Delete
  6. You're doing surprisingly well Dave, I imagine the temperatures are playing havoc with pouring a setting times.
    Excellent sculpts, with Maxine top of my list! :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, yes casting and fibreglassing are seriously messed up at the moment, painting is manageable and sculpting is actually quicker as I can do a second layer within a couple of hours, so making the most of that part
      Delete
  7. That heat with no AC was awful... And still it's crisping up the UK. Poor sods you lot are.

    All of this looks amazing Dave, Max Rebo especially.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, the heat is really messing up with work, but struggling on through, might invest in some aircon though.
      Max was a fun project
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment