Sunday 14 April 2019

" FROM THE VAULT - EMPEROR'S CHILDREN PT2 "

Here is the concluding part of a look at my Emperor's Children army
" DREADNOUGHT "
I have three dreadnoughts so I can field different variations depending on what I'm facing. The first two are Forgeworld models and the third is a converted Imperial Dreadnought

" Chaos Defiler "
For this model I wanted it to be a moving trophy adorned with skulls and skins of the defeated, I also added some speakers to the face plate to give it a noise marine feel

" NOISE MARINE RHINO "
To make my unit of noise marines a bit more mobile I gave them a Rhino and added some of Forgeworlds extra armour and doors, I also added interior detail in the back section


" RHINO "
For the Emperor's children unit 1 I gave them a rhino as well, but wanted to give them a Warp Amp upgrade, I thought a servitor playing an organ would be a good representation of this.

" PREDATOR "
I used the forgeworld version of the turret and extra armour, and I'm in the process of making the sponsons into sonic blasters

" CHAOS HOUNDS "
For the lost and the damned list you could take a unit of hounds, I went for a unit of 6 as that is the Slaneesh number

" LARGE MUTANTS "
These models are a mix of Mordhiem possessed, rat ogres, and Scyla, which have had some conversion work and painting to fit Slaneesh

"CULTISTS "
These two units came in the 40K starter set, I've done some head and weapon swaps so as not to have any duplicates

" HELDRAKE "
When I got this model I decided I wanted a look more of a fighter evolving into a demonically possessed vehicle, so changed the wing structure

" CHOSEN "
This last unit has only a couple of conversions as they are all very individual looking any rate.

That's currently all I have for this army, as all the other bits I've collected haven't even been built, this includes a band of mutants, a small contingent of traitor guard and a Hellblade bomber, that's not to say that plans may change and I might add more, but as GW seem to be dropping Slaneesh altogether very unlikely, until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

4 comments:

  1. What a zany, some may insane, looking collection, Dave and terrifically inspirational too!! Lovely work on the pinks especially!! Marvellous to see all this "Warhammer 40K" love at a time when I myself am starting to fall badly for the futuristic tabletop game :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I like a lot of character in a army, sometimes even at the expense of competitive play. Saw the route your going through, and looked into the magazine, the figures their showing aren't something I want to get, but can see you getting a lot of enjoyment out of the Nurgle offerings
      Delete
  2. Wow!
    Fantastic looking dreadnoughts to open, then the post just ramped up as I scrolled down, and I just love the rhino with a servitor playing the organ!!
    Awesome looking army Dave, and many thanks for opening the vault for us :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, It's been interesting pulling all the models out and looking at the direction I was going with them, if I was starting it now there is bits I would have done differently, but will continue with the original plan to completion
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment