Sunday 14 April 2019

" THE OX WITH THE IRON FISTS "

This is the penultimate posting on the Zodiac Warriors, ( YEAY I here some say ! LOL) first up is the Ox following Jez's suggestion I've based it on the character "the man with the iron fists", not only did I use the gauntlets but a similar outfit as well. When I started painting it I was going to do the robes orange, once I got the base colour on, decided that it would look better in black.

Have also finished the Horse, I've gone with red leather because of his colours being brown to give some contrast. to distinguish between the ying and yang blades one had a second coat of nuln oil to make it look darker.

Last up is the almost finished sculpt of the Tiger, just got his claws to finish and then he will be moulded.

That's now all 12 warriors done and are now available to readers of the blog now, just email me and I can sort out an invoice for you. These are being made available to you a month and two months early. The models are £4 each except the Dragon £10, the Ox £10, the Horse £8, and the Tiger £6.

BLOGGERS DAY
For those that were interested in coming to the bloggers day, would Birmingham suit you all ? if so Simon Quinton is there a venue you can recommend ? Next we need to decided when we want to hold this.
That's the lot for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. The Ox looks like a super-villain if ever I saw one, Dave. If its not too late is there any chance I can add it to my current order or is it too late to pay and pack it in the box?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I think he would probably work just as well as a Minotaur as well. Unfortunately your order was posted yesterday, and should be with you either today or tomorrow, otherwise would have happily added it in for you.
      Delete
    2. No probs. I'm sure it won;t be long before I order from you again :-)
    3. No problem mate, I should probably slow up a bit ! LOL
      Delete
  2. Ah man these are amazing and are going to make fabulous Christmas gifts for me....lol
    I’d better start laying hints for the family!
    Birmingham is doable...just although I might have to think of an overnight if we get the right dates
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, nothing wrong with making your Christmas list mate! LOL
      Depending on where in Birmingham I might stay overnight as well
      Delete
  3. That Ox is bloody brilliant Dave! How tall is the mini?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, he is 80 mm from the top of the base to the tip of his horns
      Delete
  4. I too love that Ox, have been thinking of painting up a couple of these as gifts for my eldest and his girlfriend for Christmas (she is Chinese, by coincidence), but need to check on the exact date of her birthday first.

    Birmingham works for me, dependent on date, are we looking at this year or early next?

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, what a great idea for a present, if you get there birthday dates you can tap it in on google and it will tell you their animal.
      Date will be subject to what works for the majority as I’m flexible
      Delete
  5. An absolutely cracking set of minis, Dave. The tiger is probably my favourite out of the twelve.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, must admit I’ve enjoyed building it and look forward to the challenge of painting it
      Delete
  6. There's some very imaginative stuff here, the Ox with the steel fists is particularly nice.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, can't take all the credit on that one as it was Jez who suggested it
      Delete
  7. I am not sure Dave tbh it depends on numbers. I could ask around a couple of places I know and see what comes back.

    The Ox and the Horse are both fab mate.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the numbers at the moment stand between 10-15 if that helps.
      Glad you like the models
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment