Sunday 14 April 2019

" NO ONE CARES ABOUT UPSETTING A DROID

Have been working on some of the more obscure droids for my IA gaming, first up is the demolition droid that's seen in  episode IV in the line up of droids available for sale at the Skywalker farm.
The model was made from a plastic dome, my children had, which I then filled with resin, added a flat green platform underneath and then tracks and bogies, and some ariel's and periscope on top.

Next up is Lebo Dash Rendar's trusty robot, a scratch build model, I've built him slightly more chunky than in the pictures to make him durable for gaming. I now have both of my main characters for my games.

Next is a WIP shot of the K2 I'm building, this was my favourite character in Rogue One, and just had to have one or two.

Have also started Wed Treadwell repair droid, this was another robot for sale at Skywalker's farm

Although I've been busy making robots I've finished two more characters, first is  J'quille also known as Tooth Face.

Last one for today is a variant of Mosep Bineed, this one was seen wandering through Mos Eisley, once I've got a cast of this one I'll make the other two variants from the master.

In other news we are looking for two gamers at Salute next year to help run demo games of Death Match, if interested email me at wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk and I will give you all the details including pay, entry and any other details you will need.
That's all for this post so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. More impressive work. Great sculpts all around.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, might need to actually get on with some actual work at some point ! LOL
      Delete
    2. There you go with that bad four letter word
    3. Indeed John, but then my work is still making models, just ones I can release without fear of court cases ! LOL
      Delete
  2. Great selection of droids mate. What a collection you must have now
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy it's certainly getting there, there's a couple of one offs that I still want to do, especially the 3 from Jabba's palace, as and when the muse descends
      Delete
  3. Nice collection, love the most impressive second one, splendid!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, been putting this one off for far too long, once I added some size to him it became a lot easier
      Delete
  4. Great work all round Dave, I love some of those more obscure droids, after the last post I ended up searching pic's of the power droid on my phone, never knew there were different versions of them!

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, the joy with the more obscure ones is I only have to do one, and yes there is so many variations of power droid, I'm going to make the most basic one, then I can make the variations from casts.
      Delete
  5. Thanks for the Game yesterday. (short and sweet)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome mate, was great to see you
      Delete
  6. I really do appreciate you hunting out references and sculpting these lesser known droids. Really adds more interest to an already impressive group of robots. Nicely done Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, there’s a few more I’d like to do if I have the time or when the muse descends
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment