Sunday 14 April 2019

" FORGOTTEN HEROES 2018 ROUNDUP "

As Forgotten Heroes draws to a close for 2018, here is my last submission to the event.
Morrigunn
Almost forgot to show the painting of this lady robot, included a freehand fanged horse head on her thigh that the Night Maras gifted her while she trained with them.

Blackblood
We all have a colour that we dislike painting, and mine is green, which is the predominant colour of Blackblood, pleased with the overall look I managed to achieve.

Mek Quake
In Clint's artwork he has Mek Quake as dirty and rusty, so once I'd got the silver shaded and highlighted, I stippled on Reikland fleshshade, and Agrax Earthshade to get the desired effect.

Nemesis
Although this model was started before the event I thought I'd show him as he's now finished.

Group Shot
Here's all the models together that I've finished so far

What The Future Holds
For anyone who knows the A.B.C. Warriors you will notice there are seven models left to build, here is a group shot of all the frames made to finish the project, some are a little further along than others.

This has been a fun event to take part in, and have seen some fantastic entries, of some characters I've never heard of, and some I knew. Look forward to next years event and see what everyone comes up with.
Until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. What a storming month Dave, fabulous job Sir.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, really tried to push myself and get as many as I could done in the month
      Delete
  2. Very productive Dave, puts the rest of us to shame, and fantastic figures to boot! I take it this is it now, you don't have another twenty figures hiding in the wings? is it safe to go and make a cup of tea now? ;-)

    Seriously, it's been a blast having you on board this year, hope you can come back to the party next year.

    Cheers Roger. Re-posted to the FH site, (Mongrol is still the best).

    https://forgottenheroessite.wordpress.com/2018/06/30/forgotten-heroes-2018-roundup-dave-stone/
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, your safe to make your tea now mate ! LOL
      Very much enjoyed taking part this year, so all being well will take part again next year, just need to find something I want to build, I've got at least 11 months to decide.
      Thank you for all your hard work in making sure you repost all the entries, very much appreciated, and to you and Jez for making the event happen.
      Delete
  3. Great sculpts, Dave, and many congratulations on being so prolific with your first foray into this challenge. You have certainly set the bar very high. Once completed, you're going to have a superb group of figures that any fan of the 2000 AD comic in general or the ABC Warriors in particular would be proud to own. I know I would.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, it was fun to join in the group and there was some fantastic entries.
      Very glad to finally get these built as its been a project that's been on the cards for so long that it's nice to see it actually happen
      Delete
  4. Lovely stuff buddy and what a glorious group shot! It’s great that you’ve been able to use FH to move forward this project and show us the amazing results
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, FH certainly stopped me procrastinating on this project any longer, and finishing one a month until they're all finished should be achievable
      Delete
  5. Very impressive work, Dave. Obviously, Nemesis is my favourite, but that's a substantial output that puts my single entry to shame. I'm glad that my little event was able to offer you the opportunity to realise this dream project for you. Looks like Warlord will have a high bar to beat, to produce accurate figures as nice as these.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, Your event truly got me motivated to get on with this project. Nemesis is a favourite of mine to, so needed a good model.
      We'll have to wait and see what Warlord come up with, or if they just release the ones they did last time
      Delete
  6. Brilliant work on all these wonderful sculpts Dave! You have truly out done yourself!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, now there done I don't know why I've been putting them off for so long ! LOL
      Delete
  7. Big Jobs! Big Jobs!

    They all look smashing Dave. Very well done on this project, I've really enjoyed following your progress.

    Eager to see these next 7 get done too!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, haven't done much this month as I needed to catch up with some actual work, hopefully next month
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment