Sunday 14 April 2019

" HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU "

Technically it was the other guy who used the phrase, but what Ponda Baba said doesn't translate very well ! LOL So I've been trying to work through some of the models I got from Tritex Games and here is the first Ponda Baba himself.

Have also done 3 more denizens for Jabba's Palace, the first one had a small conversion done to convert it from Rachalt Hyst or Snaggletooth if your going by Palitoy names

Next up is an Ugnought which I used to make the character in the picture below.
Have started the one with the green head, which is a conversion from a Tritex model, need to convert a Trandoshan for the one between Ree Yees and Bib Fortuna, but will need to scratch build the front one and the back two
Last of these models I've currently finished who was called Nikto on his first release by Palitoy

Have also got a Nexu from the Imperial Assault starter set finished, I might do an Albino version on the second one, but will have to wait and see on that one.

In other news Bovington Wargames show was great fun as always, and this year a second hall was used to house all the traders, the Tank story hall was used for the first time, it seemed a lot of people didn't see the sign in the entrance hall so was quieter in there, which is where my stand was. This ment I had a lot more time to talk to each customer so I still had a great time.
I'm also joining Clint's on line gaming scenario he's running, so expect to see posts based on this in the coming months.
That's all for this time, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave 

14 comments:

  1. A nice collection of scum and villainy, Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan ! Great use of another Star Wars quote in your reply !
      Delete
  2. Some really nice stuff Dave, have you seen this Robot Chicken sketch, that seems relevant to this post....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QErMa8MOF7g

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, have seen some Robot Chicken but will check it out
      Delete
    2. Very funny Roger, so Ponda Baba is just misunderstood and his mate is drunk and on a windup who hasn't been caught up in trouble like that ! LOL
      Delete
    3. Yep probably my favourite, Robot Chicken Star Wars clip. I love some of the He-man ones too.

      Cheers Roger.
  3. Superb work Dave, these have brought a big grin to my face. :)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, glad I could make you smile, how's your ones coming along ?
      Delete
    2. It's all gone a bit quite on the Star Wars front for the moment as I try to get models painted for the Witchfinder Game that I am hoping to host in August - so much to do, such little time. :)
    3. Indeed Michael, so many projects so little time ! LOL
      Delete
  4. Cool. Star Wars here, Strontium Dog over at Simon's...just need a bit of Trek and Who and we'll have a full complement of sci-fi goodness. Nice work on the figures, Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, would be good to see some Who and Trek as well, but won't be from me as I don't have either ! Got to try and limit my projects, so I have some chance of doing something with them ! LOL
      Delete
  5. I always like the background characters and have enjoyed reading the Extended Universe supplements that often would expand them and fill out their otherwise unknown backgrounds.

    So cool that you are attempting to get them all in!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, there is some very cool background in the expanded universe for characters that only get a minute or two in the big movies.
      My ocd means if they appeared in the movie I want them in my games, so expect to see more
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment