Sunday 14 April 2019

" A NEW GENERATION "

Over the Xmas period I spent some time with my youngest two children teaching them how to paint some dinosaur models, the work was mostly done by them, with myself helping on a few details for them like the eyes. They learnt about base colouring, drybrushing, washes and glazing. They chose the colour schemes from some examples they found on the internet.
First is my sons Spinosaurus

next is my daughters Ankylosaurus

I am immensely proud of what they both achieved, my son also came up with what he thought would be a cool looking dinosaur, a Tyrannosaurus mixed with a Triceratops and Velociraptor arms. I thought this sounded like a real beast, and are almost finished building it. It will be released as a new beast for Death Match

this will be the first new beast for Death Match since the game was released, and we will be releasing a new gladiator race at the same time in March, more details on the glads to follow.
That's it for this post as I have some painting to finish, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Great paint jobs on those dinosaurs. I guess the painting gene is in the blood. You have every right to be proud of their work.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, yes they both have the artistic gene, one's more into sculpting, and the other is more into drawing, so thought it would be good for them to try another medium
      Delete
  2. Great work all round, Dave. Nice and colourful painting, plus a great green-stuff monster. I was momentarily worried you were about to take me back into the loft to pull out all my dinosaur minis though, as I'm still finding more "Star Wars" stuff to paint!! LOL!!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I find children are less afraid of colour, and happy to experiment !
      Don't worry not planning on any more dino's at the moment, but the current models on the painting table aren't Star Wars I'm afraid, so there might be a different distraction ! LOL
      Delete
  3. They have done brilliantly well Dave, you should all be justly proud. Clearly a talented bunch. :)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, it will be interesting to see how they do on another model without me directing them, to see how much they remember
      Delete
  4. Fabulous stuff Dave, you are right to be proud of their efforts
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, always nice to see your children follow in your footsteps
      Delete
  5. Great work by your kids - their paintwork is pretty impressive. Now you just need to get them doing all of your boring basecoats and such, so you can concentrate on the fun stuff! ;)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, would that count as child labour ? LOL Eventually it would be great if they wanted to help with the business and hobby, but has to be their choice
      Delete
  6. Hi Dave if my Dino's were as well painted as the first one I'd be more than happy. Your daughter has an eye for the dramatic colour combinations so it's all good.
    Well done to all of you.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, they both did very well for 7 and 11, and I hope they want to do more in the future.
      Delete
  7. Fun, fun fun. Good stuff :-)
    Reply
  8. Thank you Steve, always a good idea to catch them young ! LOL
    ReplyDelete

No comments:

Post a Comment