Sunday 14 April 2019

" IT'S SHOW TIME "

It's that time of year again when I start heading off to trade shows again, this coming weekend I will be at PAW in Plymouth and then on the 16/02/19 I will be at Beachead in Bournemouth. If any of you are at either show stop by and say hi.
Now this means hobby time has been minimal to say the least ! LOL so today I will do a FROM THE VAULT post, now you may wonder why I'm doing one of those, well Azazel's painting challenge for February is neglected models, and the piece I'm working on is very much a neglected model as I've not worked on it since a month after I bought it at release, more on that when I show it.
How did this come about, well when one of my friends recently visited and had to laugh when I said I was running out of things to paint ! What I should have said was I was running out of things to paint for my current projects of 2000 ad and Imperial Assault, not the many abandoned GW armies doted around my room. Now I could sell them but have put in a lot of work already on them, it's just I currently have no desire to play 40K with any of the current rulesets, now I could use an older version, or adapt a ruleset, but really don't have the time at the moment to work on another set of rules, so this will have to be a project for another time.
THE MODELS
So the models I'm showing today are part of my Slaanesh demon army, I'm only showing the completed pieces, then when I show the neglected model, you can see what it's going to fit with.

First up is my greater demon, it has a converted head as I was never a fan of the cow or squid heads.

Next is a converted herald on steed.

Here is the character herald the masque

Next up is a heavily converted Demon Prince Abyssa, originally the base model was a Bloodthirster.

Last up is a squad of demonettes, there is six in the squad as that is the number for Slaanesh.
There is a lot more for the army, but needs painting so you may see that at a later point, that's the lot for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. I’m in awe Dave, these almost tempt me back to GW except I know these are your work so not available
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, some of the bits are still available, but a lot is conversions or now sadly out of production, not a huge fan of the new CAD sculpts
      Delete
  2. Very, very nice, Dave :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, knowing how you have demons I thought this was a safe post for you! lol
      Delete
  3. Not my cup of tea at all but I can appreciate all the work you've put into them. I'm afraid I've never been a fan of Chaos armies or factions.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, indeed each to their own, as it would be a really boring world if we all liked the same thing
      Delete
  4. Hi Dave very nice painting on these although I'm with Bryan on this in terms of the type of Fantasy Army, however some of the really great and creative figure painting I've seen has been on wildly fantastic figures so it certainly draws talented painters.
    Presumably you don't get up to the Northern shows, I'm planning on going to the York show, I think next week and then down to Newark, Hammerhead Late March I think, just wondered if you might make it that far north?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, my first dabble into wargaming was through Warhammer and 40K, but having divulged my interests since no longer working for the company, but can fully understand how it's not for everyone.
      I believe York is this Sunday as it normally runs the same weekend as PAW, but check the dates, would like to do more shows in the Northern areas but the problem with the established shows is getting in, as they have their regular attendee's you go on a waiting list then get forgotten ! LOL Will keep trying to get up north at some point.
      Delete
  5. Glorious looking army of Slaanesh. Have fun with it!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon it’s one of 3 Slaanesh armies I have that can combine up to a really large army
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment