Sunday 14 April 2019

" CURSED EARTH "

As many of you know I have been a fan of 2000 ad the comic since it's release back in the 70's. Now I have my personal favourite characters, A.B.C. Warriors, Nemesis, Strontium Dog and Slaine, but I also like Judge Dredd. Now last year Foundry ran a sale on all their 2000 ad models as they were stopping their production, and I took advantage, getting the models from the range I wanted, now I've shown a couple of these in the past, but I'm on a bit of a roll completing projects and trying to clear all the ones I've currently got.
THE ANGEL GANG
First up is the angel gang including from left to right, Link, Pa, Junior, and Mean

The angel gang first appeared in the Judge Child story, now when I visited Bryan he very kindly gave me a spare Judge child model

The last member of the Angel gang is Fink, we met him in a separate story where he tried to kill JD for killing his family.

Next I have another model Bryan gave me the Firestarter

The last model today is Aquila from the fan film Judge Minty, which I was lucky enough to get hold of by being part of their second film Strontium Dog.

Currently on the painting desk are all the judges I picked up, so should have those to shown soon, thinking of looking at the W.O.I.N. rules for 2000 ad to play some games with these models.
That's the lot for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

10 comments:

  1. Borag Thungg, Dave. Superb stuff with plenty of zarjaz minis on show. I definitely prefer so many of the now OOP "Wargames Foundry" models to those of "Mongoose Games", so its nice to see the Angel Gang in all their despotic glory. Splundig vur Thrigg.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, have to agree that I preferred the foundry models, so it was such a shame when they stopped the range, will have to wait and see what if anything Warlord does, hope they don't DROKK IT ! LOL
      Delete
  2. Oooh now THIS is a subject I am really interested in. Wouldn`t take much for me to get right back into it again. I had no idea you had so much cool stuff for it, and I love the painting. The Angels are one of my favourite bad guys family gangs.. you just gotta love `em as much as you hate `em haha.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, picked up quite a bit in the closing line sale, and other bits I've picked up or made over the years, although I mostly have Judge models ! LOL I suppose it wouldn't take me much to do some more citizen models and then make a few villains, then I just need to look at scenery if gaming in Mega City 1, cursed earth I can already cover
      Delete
  3. Terrific stuff, Dave. As you know I'm a huge fan of 2000AD and of course, Judge Dredd. I was delighted to see you showcasing these figures, and including some of the figures I gifted to you. I'm looking forward to seeing your Judges. Regarding rules to use with them, the WOIN book "Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000AD" gets my highest recommendation. Plus, the "Strontium Dog" RPG will be coming out later this year and it is also based on the WOIN system. EN Publishing own the rights to publish all of the strips that have appeared in the 2000AD comic, so it makes sense to use their rulebooks if you're such a big fan of the 2000AD comic.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, still have a few more of the models you gave me to paint up as well. Sound's like the system to go for then as it covers all of 2000 ad, and my A.B.C. Warriors could get some game time too
      Delete
  4. Fab job on them all Dave. I love the Angel Gang. They are such nice sculpts. Look forward to seeing your judges.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the sculpts were excellent, which is why they took me so long to do, as I didn't want to spoil them ! LOL
      about 80 % done on the judges now, trying to clear unfinished projects
      Delete
  5. Really nice work all round Dave, is Aquila a conversion or a scratch build?

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, Aquila was one of two models produced by Ainsty Castings for Judge Minty the fan film, I believe they were available to buy for a short time and were also given to cast and crew
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment