Sunday 14 April 2019

" THE GREEN IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE "

Continuing on with my rather huge undertaking to do a large proportion of Tatooine I've been continuing on making some more denizens of Jabba's Palace. First up is Salacious B Crumb, this is a one off green as there was no way to make a mould of him in this pose, personally I think he is a bit too big, but will do as a gaming piece to mark on the board, have purposely left him off a base so that he can fit next to Jabba on his Dais.

Next up is the guard dog Bubo, this one I will be taking a cast off so I can replicate him if he gets broken. Will use one of my Jawa's I already made to hold his chain as I found a picture of such when searching for reference for this one.

Next up is a lesser known character  Loje Nella, this weird worm type creature will also get moulded

Still slowly plugging away on Ephant Mon, and have also started Hermie Odle, these two are larger characters so require a lot more building up in layers to get the right look, hopefully should not be too much longer and I'll have these finished as well.

Last up is a conversion of a model from Tritex- Games, originally this model had a cape and different upper apparel which I changed to suit the one found in Jabba's Palace.

That's all for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Stunning work Dave, I love Bubo, the amount of work you have put into a character that only appears on screen for a few seconds is mind blowing!!

    Crumb is good too, but I hate that character. Strangely I'd never really noticed Ephant Mon until I watch ROTJ last weekend, and suddenly there he was just like your figure! Top stuff mate.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you Roger, a lot of the characters are only seen for the briefest time in the movie, some you only catch a partial piece of them and have to find details in documentaries or screenshots on the internet.
      My ocd makes me want to find them all and add them to the collection for gaming
      Delete
  2. Another cracking collection of minis, Dave. I must admit to having no recollection of ever seeing Loje Nella in any of the films but all of the others are familiar to me.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you Bryan, Loje is one of those partials that are in the background in Jabba’s palace and is only really found hunting the Internet! A bit like there is another of the same species as Joh Wowza holding a gun that you only see a foot in the film
      Delete
  3. Blimey Dave - Crumb and Bubo are outstanding, and Jabba is a fantastic likeness as well.
    Gob smacked.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you John, Jabba was just a paint on my part the sculpt was from Imperial Assault, I do occasionally paint bought models without conversion ! LOL
      Delete
  4. Great stuff, yes Crumb is a bit big, but so characterful it’s easily forgiven.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you Andy, my ocd wants to redo him but with comments like this I may win it over ! lol
      Delete
  5. Love Salacious Crumb Dave he is really nicely painted! So much so I thought he was from a movie still! Nice work on there rest of the sculpts this project is coming along really nicely indeed.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you Simon, was sat with a movie still in front of me while painting him so I could check my colours as I went. I probably should have gone for a smaller goal at the start but that just wouldn’t be me ! lol
      Delete
  6. Crumb and Bubo are spot on. And yeah, the scale thing isn't such a big deal, else you'd be snarling in frustration at how flippin tricky it would be to paint up Crumb when he'd be so otherwise teeny.
    Reply
    Replies

    1. Thank you Dai, I’ve just started to paint them all so hopefully can deliver on the colours. I may try to do crumb again once I’ve finished the rest if it keeps bugging my ocd! lol
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment