Sunday 14 April 2019

" SMALL BUT DEADLY "

As part of my demon army I wanted to have a unit of Gibbering horde, what are these you say, well they are lesser demons like nurglings, but you can have them for each patron god, now GW never released any models for them other than for Nurgle, but when has that ever stopped me ! LOL
This first base is the only one I ever fully finished, but to be honest I'm not happy with the painting and may well repaint them with a new way I've found.

The next two bases are fully sculpted and just need painting, I wanted these to help portray their movement over the battlefield.

The last 3 bases are only partially sculpted, and need finishing, but with picking up these old models I might actually get round to finishing them.

For those of you who were interested in the car/taxi and sci-fi scanner they are now available from the web store, just a short post today as I'm still busy casting ready for my next show as this weekend went very well and I'm out of stock of a lot of products. So until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. They all look rather disturbing, Dave, which I guess is the point of them, LOL!! Really looking forward to seeing how they paint up, as I think they're going to look awesome!!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, yes Slaanesh is all about excess, I used a lot of Adrian Smith's art work for inspiration, and he has a very vivid imagination ! LOL will be nice to finally see them in paint.
      Delete
  2. Wow Dave, these look seriously demented, not to mention exceptionally cool.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I think I must have tapped into my inner darkness when I made these ! LOL
      Delete
  3. Never trust any demon, no matter what the size. First rate sculpting, Dave,
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, and very true, they can be tricky
      Delete
  4. Sculpting looks great, very disturbing.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, probably helped by all the horror films I've watched over the years
      Delete
  5. Love Slaanesh, these are great.. love `em.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, in hindsight I should have done Tzeentch, as this would have given more options in sculpting with everything in a constant state of change, but as I wanted a demon force to go with my Chaos marines Slaanesh was the obvious choice
      Delete
  6. Brilliant work mate, hope PAW went well for you
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, yes had a great time at PAW and made some money to, so a definite win win
      Delete
  7. Ah yes, "the changer of ways".... thinking about it, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Korn, this set of minis would actually paint up nicely for any one I think. I really like them.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Yes a demon could be used in multiple games depending on the look you wanted so plenty of choice there
      Delete
  8. Nice sculpting on those, Dave - and I spotted that old Citadel familiar up the top as well - you don't see her too often anymore!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, it was originally going to be a tournament army so wanted to include a familiar on each base to keep GW happy LOL
      Delete
  9. These are so cool and creepy looking Dave. Nice sculpting look forward to seeing them all painted together.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, hopefully should have something to show soon
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment