Sunday 14 April 2019

" SOULGRINDER "

For Azazel's challenge this month I thought I'd clear some abandoned models, the gibbering horde will hopefully be part of my submission, but here is the main event, the Soulgrinder ! This is a defiler that has had the demon that powers it take over the chassis and morph into a more demonic form.

I first bought this model in the month of it's release, and then worked on it periodically for two months getting the conversion work I wanted done.

When the model got left it had been undercoated, metal areas drybrushed, and the skin tone base coloured. There it sat until this month.

As you can see from the pictures I made a base for the model and sunk it down in, as I thought with the weight and the small surface area of the feet it would sink into the ground.

You will also notice the Mawcannon firing a Phlegm attack, this was sculpted by me, and I have the other two shots to finish building, so depending what attack I've paid for I can show it on the model.

Here is a shot of the GW version so you can see how mine differs. Just a small post today, as I've got lesser demons to finish, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

8 comments:

  1. Very nice. Just goes t show why GW models are some of the best anywhere. I do like your rendering of this one. Pretty darn hot.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steve, I found there was some problem areas in design on this one, as it was an additional sprue made to fit an existing kit, but was easily sorted with some greenstuff and a bit of imaginative engineering ! LOL
      Delete
    2. I love this Dave, great to see how your imagination only enhances a great piece.
    3. Thank you Michael, some bits were simple like turning the leg plates upside down to give a slender look to the legs, while others were a bit more involved like making the exposed muscle
      Delete
  2. Very cool, Dave - and it's been a long path for that model, but it looks pretty worthwhile to me!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, it certainly took a while, but if I had finished it back then I don't think it would have turned out as well as I wouldn't have been as daring with colour choices.
      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, glad to finally have it finished
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment