Sunday 14 April 2019

" LET'S JUST SAY WE'D LIKE TO AVOID ANY IMPERIAL ENTANGLEMENT "

Managed to get a few more pieces finished so thought I'd do a post on them and then a review of the year on New Years Eve.
First up is the Emperor's Royal Guard, these first appeared in " Return of the Jedi" although we didn't see them take much of an active role. The models have been sat half done since getting the starter box, so thought it was about time to finish them.

Next are Death Troopers, these were introduced in the movie " Rogue One" mainly used as a protection detail for important officers, but just as effective as shock troops when sent into battle. These four models were part of the box set "Tyrants of Lothal" was a little hesitant about painting them due to their black armour but was pleased with the end result.

Also finished the the other three sentry drones, so now have a full unit of four, these have appeared in some of the cartoon series and are part of " The Heart of the Empire" box set.

Finally finished my 1:48 scale TIE Fighter, the model came with a display stand which I intend to convert to a landing craddle to be part of an Imperial Garrison on Tatooine.

Next up is a model from Tritex Games, you may remember a Palitoy figure called Prune Face, his wookipedia name is Orrimaarko. Now I couldn't remember where he appeared in the film "Return of the Jedi" many thanks to Michael Awdry, for pointing out where he appeared, he and two others of the same species were sat in the Rebel meeting to discuss the battle plan to attack the new Death Star. Orrimaarko had a patch of his left eye so decided to paint this one as one of his compatriots

Last one today is a Wookie from Tritex Games, I bought this model to check scale against the FFG ones which they measure up perfectly. I might get the other Tritex Games ones as well as the Wookie Warriors pack by FFG to have a Wookie force for my games.

That's the lot for this post, have a safe and great Xmas, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. An eclectic mix and all nicely painted. I wish you and your family my best wishes this Christmas.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, hope you have a very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year
      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And a very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you !
      Delete
  3. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, and a very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you too
      Delete
  4. Yet another post just brimming with Star Wars goodness :-)
    Merry Christmas to you and the family Dave, and I hope you have a happy and prosperous New Year!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, really getting into the swing with the Star Wars bits. Happy Xmas to you and your family too, and a happy new year as well
      Delete
  5. I never realised there were so many characters in the series!

    Merry Christmas Dave, have a great new year.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, there are literally hundreds of background characters that you may only see for a split second or behind another main character obscuring most of them, thankfully there is Wookiepedia ! LOL
      A very Merry Xmas and happy new year to you and your family
      Delete
  6. I love it when you start a post with "a few miniatures" and then post up pictures of three months worth of stuff at my rate of painting! I can't even take solace in quality over quantity, because as usual the are all beautiful!!!

    Hope you had a smashing Christmas, all the best for the new year too.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, sorry about the rate of painting, it's just little and often, normally when pain gets too much for casting or sculpting ( So Often !) and I do it to relax as I'm not worried about messing up as it's just for me.
      Only six of these were full paints the others were all finishing off from bits started months or even years ago ! LOL
      Xmas was good thank you mate, and a very Happy New Year to you too !
      Delete
  7. I just ordered Tyrants, so hopefully it'll be here in a week or so. The Death Troopers look like my favourite kinds of models - ones that will paint up quickly! I've also got the Sentry Drones cleaned up, washed and ready to prime - so hopefully I can use this post to inspire me to get moving on them shortly!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, the Death troopers worried me to begin with, because of being nearly all black, but once I tried out the test one, I managed to get the other three finished relatively quickly.
      Enjoyed doing the sentries even though it was a lot of white, glad they've inspired you to do yours
      Delete
    2. I think I'm going to go with a non-canon silver scheme on the Sentries. Inspired by some of the various Doomtroopers/Darktroopers/whatevertroopers througout the EU. Also, droids. Tyrants is here now, so I guess the Death Troopers will be done sometime in the next month or two. Hopefully!
    3. Sounds great mate, look forward to seeing what you do
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment