Sunday 14 April 2019

" THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOUR'E LOOKING FOR "

Continuing on with this huge project, I've managed to get a few more R2, R4, and R5 units painted, if I've found their designation I've put it under the picture.
R2 A5
R3 T2
R4 E1
R4 X2
R5 A2
R5 M2

Here's a group shot of all the droids I've got so far.
Can you spot the droid you were looking for ?

If your going to do a post about droids you should really have a Jawa as well, this one is the one seen fanning Jabba when R2 and C3PO arrive in the court room. It was made from the template one I showed a while back which I made.

Have also finished Yuzzum, this is a complete one off, as there is no way to take a mould with all the undercuts and straps.

Have also started doing some more stormtroopers and I've added shoulder pads to the basic ones to tie them in with the heavy ones. would really like some variation in poses, but I'm not ready to convert all these models ! Even I have limits ! LOL

That's the lot for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

10 comments:

  1. Dave those droids are wonderful, they really made me smile when I looked at your pictures. That's "smile" in a good way.
    I had no idea there were so many of them.
    Lovely
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, always good to make another person smile especially if it's in a good way. As for the number in the movies the only thing I can think of, is it helped the scenes to look busier. I wonder as they were half the size they only got paid half the wages ? I certainly hope not !
      Delete
  2. That is a most impressive collection of droids you have here, Dave. I do like that they are all different. Thanks for including the group shot of them. :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, I try to find reference pictures that look different to add variation. The group shot really brought home to me how many I’d done already, lot more to go
      Delete
  3. Perhaps you should write a set of "Droid racing" rules? perhaps not. Great collection you have there now, how are you going to do the one with the clear dome though?

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, droid racing you say ! Perhaps not ! LOL
      Been thinking about the R3 droids as you say needs a clear dome, thought I might cast them up in translucent blue which would be the closest I can get to clear
      Delete
  4. Nice collection of droids, Dave. Apoogies for the lack of commenting - real life isdues, etc. I'm guessing rhese are all variations/conversions on the standard R2 figure?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. No problem Jez, real life has to come first.
      Your spot on the R4, and R5 they were conversions on the R2, currently working on 5 scratch build droids at the moment, don't know how long it will be until I show them, as I need to do some proper work as well
      Delete
  5. I just dream of owning that many droids with which to really flesh out my environments during my SW rpg sessions. They really do look fantastic mate.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, it’s certainly taken a while to build up the numbers
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment