Sunday 14 April 2019

" A LONG TIME AGO . . . . "

In a Galaxy far far away ( well my gaming room at least) I had an idea to make a Tatoine gaming board, between work and other projects it hasn't got very far at all. This month has seen a couple of additions to the model ranks for this project, but no scenery at all, next month I hope to rectify this by starting the interior to Jabba's Palace, so I can do some gaming in there to begin with, and then add scenery as I go.
So what models have I finished to add to this realm, first up is Bib Fortuna, this model started as a Twilek scoundrel, I had to reposition one arm, add the relevant clothing and change one of his head tentacles

Have also found a little time to paint the three members of the band I showed in a previous post.

Here is a group shot of the band so far

and a group shot of all the palace denizens so far

Have started making some unarmed Jawas as you see them in the palace as well as Mos Eisley

Then for fathers day, my wife and children got me a wonderful surprise, a toy U-Wing, that is almost perfect scale. This was an excellent gift as I couldn't find a model in the right scale. It will require a bit of strengthening on the wings and filling of some screw holes, and if I really want to push a cockpit as well, but we'll have to wait and see on that one.

OFF THE WORKBENCH
To add to the release of Maxine in July, I've finished the expansion kit for the tanker, that adds three fighting platforms, and a dozer blade

As requested a pet dingo for Maxine

That's all for this post as between work,I'm trying to finish a couple more entries for Forgotten Heroes, with possibly a surprise one. So until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Wow! Your work rate is astonishing! Bib looks amazing as does the rest of the scoundrels
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, one of the benefits of no life outside the house ! LOL Means I can fit in a lot by doing a bit here and a bit there a lot of the time
      Delete
  2. Good progress on your Star Wars figures, Dave. The big rig conversion kit and pet dingo are both must have kits for me.

    Best of luck with your Forgotten Heroes work. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, it's amazing how you can find time if your passionate about it.
      Glad you like the post apoc bits, thinking of doing some crew to go with the tanker at some point, and have started another vehicle that should provide some cool tunes for life on the road.
      It's all bonus bits on Forgotten Heroes as the planned four have been done, just trying to get ahead on another large project ! LOL
      Delete
    2. QUOTE: "have started another vehicle that should provide some cool tunes for life on the road." I have a pretty good idea what this means. ;-)
      Let's rock!
    3. Me too and I’m looking forward to seeing that!
    4. I think that might have been to easy of a clue! LOL
      Delete
  3. Loving this post Dave and so good to see Bib Fortuna, what a great conversion! The rest of the band are looking superb, really, really good.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I was very surprised that I couldn't find a model for Bib as he was such an important character, so was high on the list for must have.
      Looking forward to getting back on with the rest of the band, then the missing denizens, trying to approach it one section at a time to make it more manageable
      Delete
  4. Fab work! Love Bib I had several of him as a kid Yet only a single Snow trooper! The group shot of them all looks excellent Dave!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, only had the one of each figure as a kid, including all the ones that should have multiples. Got a few more from Tritex to paint up and add to them, then it's on to scratch builds for the rest
      Delete
  5. Wow!
    You're really "on one" Dave, despite the heatwave :-)
    Marvelous work across the painting and modelling spectrum on offer this post, and how cool is the U Wing?! It certainly makes my cardstock model from "The Works" look rather silly ;-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, trying to do as much as possible when I can, my room actually is the coolest room in the house, so the heat hasn't had too much of an impact.
      Was surprised and very pleased with the gift they got me as the u-wing was such a great shape
      Delete
  6. Wow you are on a roll now Dave, I too am really surprised you had to convert to get a Bib, as you say he is a much more recognisable character than some they have produced, I love that U wing, it's like a big Buck Rogers Starfighter, so it has to be cool!!

    Great truck additions too, if they had them on the original Virginia Haye wouldn't
    wouldn't have gone under the wheels!

    Looking forward to the bonus FH fig too.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, with Bib it may be a licensing thing, or it could be laziness ! LOL
      Buck Rogers Starfighter was a great spaceship, and the two have some very similar lines.
      Will hopefully do some crew to fit the fighting platforms at a later point, and they may indeed have saved Virginia.
      Keeping it under wraps until I show it incase I don't get it finished on the FH bonus fig
      Delete
  7. Goodness there's a lot of fun stuff here, impressively so.

    Bib looks spot on. A fantastic character if one looks into his EU exploits. The other band members are likewise brill - plans to make the backing singers/dancers too?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, eventually I'd like to do all the denizens of Jabba's palace and the rest of the band is top of the list, I've already got the frames built for the backup singers and the other drummer and need to finish the details on Max Reebo then the band will be complete. Then I'll start the rest, have a few more Tritex models to add which should speed things along
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment