Sunday 14 April 2019

" ALL THE COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW "

Have been busy painting some of the latest releases and future releases this week, have finished another four of the Zodiac Warriors and another two Grav Boarders.
First up is the Rabbit, as the fur was primarily going to be brown I went for a red leather on the surrounds of his armour

Next is the Rat, the robes are done in one of the monk colours I found in researching, they seem to vary from pale yellow to deep orange, there may be other colours as well which I didn't find.

Next is the Dog, as the fur is cream and brown I went for red leather edging again.

Las up for the Zodiac Warriors is the Pig, I've included the reference picture on this one so you can see the normal colours of a Chinese Pot Bellied Pig

Have also got two more Grav Boarders painted and have shown them as part of a group shot, and shown their board art as well

That's the lot for today, hopefully next time I'll have the last of both groups finished, but that all depends on other work, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Stunning work as usual, Dave. I really love both of these ranges and your paint jobs make them look exceptionally appealing.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, have enjoyed painting them all, and the boards give a great excuse to practice my freehand
      Delete
  2. I thought you were hitting the ball out of the park with your "Star Wars" minis, Dave, but these ranges are both exceptional imho. Really keen on scooping up all the surfers so please let me know when they're ready to buy - I've an idea to use them for a racing game where they're also being chased by a certain giant shark you also produce ;-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I have finished the sculpt on the last surfer this morning, so will hopefully have him cast this weekend, at which point you can email your order straight away. All the bits shown painted are available to you guys before release date. The game sound's a blast, I'm playing with the idea of doing some alternate heads for the Sky Shark, for playing a surf game at PAW next year as well as Death Match
      Delete
    2. Oh, put me down for any alternative heads for your sky sharks, please, Dave. I love those critters!
    3. No problem Bryan, working on two variants at the moment, may end up more, you just never know when the muse descends ! LOL
      Delete
  3. Cracking work as ever the painting on the "Zodiac" crew is exceptionally well done!! as is that tree on the bottom of the hoverboard.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, freehand is not something I've done a massive amount of, so using this opportunity to get some practice in, the same with the warriors, great to practice animal colours on
      Delete
  4. Is that the Miyagi crest from Karate Kid on the 2nd board!? O_o Sweet!

    Amazing work Dave. The pig wins best in show of this lot for me. That mace just looks nasty!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, was looking for Miyagi crest but couldn’t find it but thought this was a close approximation.
      Thought a blunt force weapon would suit the pig, and found this in ancient Chinese weapons so was a winning combination in my eyes
      Delete
  5. Love the free hand on the boards Dave, inspiring work dude! Ah and those zodiac critters - jeepers creepers they are AMAZING!!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, thought the boards could help tell each boarders story.
      Glad you like the critters, almost finished sculpting the ox which I know your waiting to see
      Delete
  6. Awesome work love the rabbit in particular.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, that one has proved very popular
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment