Sunday 14 April 2019

" TO PAINT OR NOT TO PAINT "

In my recent post I showed some figures that would be perfect additions for my Imperial Assault Jabba's Palace and Cantina, two orders later I've got quite a few denizens for these two places.
Now the models come prepainted, so can easily be used straight away, but I wanted to tie them in with the models I've already painted, so here are the results so far.
First up I found a figure of Dash Rendar which I found the face very soft in detail so had to use the paints to give it definition, but saved me a load of time not having to sculpt my main character, just need to sculpt his robot Leebo

Next up is Ree Yees, I've used the painting they supply as base colouring, which really helped speed up the process

An old favourite of mine is Squidhead

I've also painted up a Dug, as there was one wandering around the palace in the extended version of ROTJ

Had a lot of fun painting this snake creature, he only ever appeared as part of a backshot in the film, but I think he's cool

It would be rude not to have a official IA model in this post and here's a Rodian hired gun, that would be at home in any area on Tatoine

Next post this week will be a Forgotten Heroes update, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

13 comments:

  1. Great stuff Dave, look forward to seeing your FH post, though you've probably finished your just to make me feel more inadequate! ;-)

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, don't worry I haven't finished any of my FH models yet, might do two posts this week as Mongrol should have one all of his own
      Delete
  2. Well they look just fabulous! All the better for a little paint and a few washes, I feel inspired! Now, the million dollar question is, what will happen when I hit them with my matt varnish? I suppose there is only one way to find out? How did I miss that Squid Head? The one I have ordered is definitely without a cloak, can I really justify order number four? :D
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, can't answer on the matt varnish as I don't use it.
      I know exactly what you mean on yet another order, as I ordered twice this week, plus the six I picked up at the Expo. I'm probably going to wait and take stock once the second order arrives and then make a proper list before ordering again.
      I ordered the Slave 1 they have as well to see if it's a better scale for using in X-wing, if it is that could end up being another massive expense, must resist the temptation ! LOL
      Delete
  3. Nicely touched up and will make fine additions to the table top.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, really looking forward to getting them on the table in a game, just need to come up with a scenario
      Delete
  4. Your paint jobs have enhanced them no end. Nicely done, mate!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, these were test pieces to check how the existing paint would take my normal paint washes and glazes, very happy with the results
      Delete
  5. Just colour me jealous - no further comment ;-)
    Well, just the one...... They look excellent Dave :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg and sorry if I caused any jealousy, although I have been jealous of all your cool AAR's , wish I had time to write more
      Delete
  6. Some classic characters here and you've made their original subpar paintjobs far more pleasing to view.

    Have so many of these pre-painted SW figs, though never thought to spruce them up with a repaint. Great idea. How do they scale with the IA sculpts?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, enjoyed bringing the painting up to the standard of my IA miniatures.
      Scale wise their pretty much spot on will know about the wookies later on this week when my order arrives
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment