Sunday 14 April 2019

" OFF THE WORKBENCH "

Have quite an eclectic mix for you all today, inspired by the kind comments on my recent "FROM THE VAULT" postings I've made up a couple of test pieces for the mutant horde and traitor guard.

The mutant was made from a mutie raider from Gorkamorka, with legs from Mordheim plastics, have gone with a muted set of colours, but will put an element of pink in, maybe on some wrappings.

The guard started life as a Steel Legion model, which I've changed the head, and turned the coat into a smock, have kept the colours muted again so the whole army isn't just a sea of pink
" GALAXY ADDITION "

This is Biv Bodhrik from the Twin Shadows expansion my wife got me for our anniversary, still got a couple of small details to finish off, but pleased with the results so far
"FROM THE SKIES"
This is a new piece I'm working on for our post apoc range, so if the two Simon's and Roger would like to scroll past this part, so I don't add to anybody's list . . . . Stop sneaking a peek Simon !
Right now they've scrolled past I've started work on a gyrocopter, and I'm also planning to do a pilot model to sit in it and on foot as a separate piece

Also thinking of making a Transavia Airtruck PL12 with pilot and son, do you think this would be of interest ?

That's it for now so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Ah sh*t a go**mn gyrocopter! Its gonna cost me....
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Sorry mate, just thought it would be a cool addition
      Delete
    2. You are correct sir...
    3. Thanks Andy have started mocking up the plane today while I was waiting for bits to dry on the copter and pilot, what a beast it's going to be
      Delete
  2. oops sorry saw it before I could scroll past, reflexes, reflexes that's what I need I'd never beat the snake!!

    I do like the gyrocopter though, hadn't even thought of going upward...hmmmm

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, indeed a quick man might have a weapon hidden ! LOL
      Was sat watching the movies thinking I've not seen any flyers done for post apocalyptic and it would be cool to have some
      Delete
    2. It wouldn't take a lot to turn this into "Little Nell" Mr Bonds favourite aerial ride too. maybe another group of gamers it could appeal to...
    3. That's a very good idea, thanks Roger
      Delete
  3. "FROM THE SKIES" - looks awesome to me, Dave. What a great idea for some "Gamma World" sky battles with fliers ;-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, like the sound of sky battles in any gaming system, may have to look for some more post apocalyptic flyers
      Delete
  4. I'd just soaked in the great looking mini's from the start of the post, and then scrolled on to the gyrocopter.....What a fantastic idea - and it's already looking cool at this stage of the build!
    Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, first to mention the other models, I think the copter distracted everybody ! LOL
      It's progressed from this point I'm currently building the engine and pilot, the first version of the rotor blades are finished, these are the static ones, also doing a moving version ( if it works) and the pilot will have two versions of his right arm one with a molotov cocktail and one with a snake
      Delete
  5. I do like your painted minis, Dave. They'd fit in well in Necromunda. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how your two flyers turn out. Best of luck with them!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, that means I've got the 40K feel right with them.
      Both flyers are progressing well and have just finished the block shaping of the airtruk
      Delete
  6. An interesting aelection of miniatures, Dave. Glad to see you beavering away on a variety of projects.

    Having seen some of the other WIPs on your workbench, I always look forward to your posts, to see if any of the other things will make an appearance lol. Onviously NOT going to say what these might be, as it's confidential.
    Lol
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, yes to see the workspace of a complete nutcase must have been a shock ! LOL
      All will eventually see the light of day or at least shared on here as the muse descends and I get back on with all those projects ! I'm guessing I know which you'd like to see first, really most stop apeing around ! LOL
      Delete
    2. No rush, Dave. I'm actually hoping that once you've seen the translucent kitten/hammerhead shark from "Dirk Gently", you'll want to do one of those... 😉
    3. You can never tell ! LOL
      Delete
  7. Mutie soldier looks cool. The Pilot and son would be great minis if they scale well with most 28mm ranges even better. I am not sure about flying machines. The Gyrocopter I can see getting some use in games. The plane not so much in game use but as a scenic item would be sweet for an objective.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the pilot I'm currently working on is 28 mm to the eye, Bruce Spence who played the role is tall so hopefully will work with other models, can see what your saying with the flyers, just wanted to add some more unusual elements, not to say I haven't got more cars planned as well
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment