Sunday 14 April 2019

" TIME FOR CHANGE "

Well Salute is over with for another year, just the orders taking on the day to sort out and any orders placed because of what they saw at the show.
For any who have never seen as at a show I've taken some pictures of the stand so you can see what it looks like, had to take the pictures with the phone as didn't have room to take the camera as well ! LOL
We even had ballons in the shape of our logo so you could find us from anywhere in the hall.

Was great to see lot's of people I know there, and from the blogging community I saw Simon from fantorical Jez from carrioncrowsbuffet and Michael from 28mmvictorianwarfare who all came over to say hello and have a chat.
Now life has a way of changing things and I've got a major one coming up, we're moving house, now some may say that's not too bad, it is when you also have to move your studio and casting facility at the same time ! "Why do it ? " I hear you say, well it will give better facilities that are large enough to grow the business and more suited to us, plus Sarah will have a dinning room again for the first time in 10 years ! She is very much looking forward to this ! LOL
So while all these changes are going to be happening, there won't be much time for blogging as it's going to be hard enough keeping the business going during the move.
Any one who has known me for long enough know's I never intended doing a blog at all, as I had so much to do with the business anyrate and was happy just to comment on blog's I followed (I blame Simon for this ! LOL). When I first got asked to be a part of the cupboard I thought this was a great idea as I would only have to do an occasional post, and it might encourage me to get on with some of my own hobby pieces that had been neglected. Then the situation changed and I ended up being the only one posting as Steve and Hils were moving and wouldn't have internet, so I plodded along and kept going as best as I could, with several times thinking about stopping.
Then Steve and Hils didn't move and were back but didn't feel they could post on the cupboard as I had taken it in a different direction, which was their choice.
The cupboard has always felt like a rented property to me, you may live there but it never truly fells like home ! I am very grateful to Steve Hils and Tarot for asking me into the cupboard, but it is now time for a change, when I am ready to start posting again I will be doing it on a new blog, I will be moving all the content I've posted here over to the new blog, and then cleaning out the cupboard to leave it in the way I found it, so Steve Hils and T can return and carry on in the direction they intended.
So this is my penultimate post as I will post up the new blog address as my final post.
A huge thankyou to all who have followed along and commented and if you would like to continue seeing what I'm about please follow along on the new blog.
All the best Dave

14 comments:

  1. Great to see you yesterday, Dave, and I thought your display at Salute was excellent. All your time and effort to get it sorted paid off enormously imho :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I felt it was worth it and very much enjoyed making a lot of it so that certainly has to count for a lot as well.
      Delete
  2. I really appreciate you posting the pictures of your displays. I'm sure if I had attended, I'd have spent a fortune at your stand. I fully support your decision to start your own blog, no matter how long it takes.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, understand how far it is to travel for you, we are currently looking at trying to get in at shows further north so maybe one day you'll be able to see the stand in person, hopefully it wouldn't break the bank seeing the stand in person ! LOL
      Thank you for the support in my decision to start my own blog, my daughter is working hard at setting it all up so it reflects myself and the business so hopefully it won't be too long
      Delete
  3. It looks like you had an amazing Salute, and I`m delighted it was lucrative for you and Sarah. Looking at the photos, I can see why you had a great time... would be hard to walk past the magnificent display without being drawn in, wallet at the ready.

    Am happy to step back in (timing couldn't be better atm as it happens, and taking the wheel and allowing you to slip aside will, of course, be a pleasure... no worries my friend).

    Have emailed you about it anyway :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. It's always good to meet other hobbyists, even if they aren't spending money Steve LoL We had a great time thank you even though my health took a battering, that part doesn't get any easier.
      Have sent a reply mate, and will help the transition move as seamlessly as possible
      Delete
    2. Yeah I was worried it would take its toll on your health... its a big show for anyone at the best of times: and I know you always put your all into making it as good as possible.

      Got your mail, and have replied (the first of many I suspect. Like the old days.. a dozen plus messages a day lol).
    3. The health will always take a battering, but it's something I've learnt to deal with to make the business grow
      Delete
  4. Starting your own blog.... You must be barking.
    Sorry I could not attend all the best mate. And fingers crossed for next year.
    Post Script: now have a connection near Sarah's rellies so shall see what happens and fingers crossed for next year.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clint, never really been considered sane ! LOL
      Fully understand on why you couldn't make it this year, and here's hoping for next year mate
      Delete
  5. Really pleased you had a good day at Salute Dave, you stall looks the business and you displays looked brilliant too, sorry I missed it. I think we will be going to a comic con in a few months that appears to be on at the same time as Games Expo, and as I want to stick a few things on the bring and buy there I will hopefully be able to pop over and say "hello". Nothing definite yet but the brother in-law seems keen on the con, and Myles is the same over the expo so it is looking likely I'll be at one or the other (or both).

    I can fully understand you wanting your own blog as it is a very personal thing and you will be able to plant your own stamp on it, I'll be following once it up and running. Besides this one always makes Norton give me nasty messages when ever I click to write a comment (don't know why), so hopefully it will cure that :-)

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, If I'm going to games Expo as a customer will let you know, it's too expensive as a trader, but would be great to meet up with you.
      Thank you for wanting to follow along, hopefully it won't disappoint. I too have had problems on here, and got used to sitting ready to close a pop up whenever it occurred. (gave me really quick reflexes with the mouse ! LOL)
      Delete
  6. All the best with the move and look forward to seeing the new blog.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon much appreciated
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment