Sunday 14 April 2019

" AT-AT AND FRIENDS "

This month Azazel is running another painting challenge DIABOLICAL DECEMBER this covers a lot of categories one of which is large walkers, so I thought this would be a great time to get my largest walker finished my AT-AT, now the model comes prepainted but the weathering on it felt off with the lines going in all directions as seen here

I've gone for a dirty mottled look with additional weathering and forced shadows using washes

And here it is with it's two little buddies for scale.

I've also managed to paint Kayn Somos a stormtrooper officer, I've done the armour slightly different from normal to make him stand out from the rank and file stormtroopers.

Last to show today is a cantina patron that I finished at the same time as the rest, but managed to lose it under my table and only found it as I was looking for something else ! LOL so here is Lak Sivrak, not sure if he was in both versions of episode 4 but was definitely in the original.

That's it for this post so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, it's been sat waiting for paint for far too long now ! LOL
      Delete
  2. Awesome mini post, Dave - if mini is the right term for that Walker!! LOL :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, maybe a Max Mini post ! LOL ( a wrestling pun for anyone who doesn't know)
      Delete
  3. Wow that is a whopper and no mistake!!! lovely painting on everything too.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, was a difficult one to paint because of it's size, but glad to get it finished
      Delete
  4. Superb work on both the vehicles and the figures. I've always been a big fan of the AT-AT.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, was a fan since their first appearance in Empire Strikes Back and always wanted to have one
      Delete
  5. Oh yes! I do have a love for those huge shambling machines.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, who doesn't like a terrifying machine that shakes the very ground ! LOL
      Delete
  6. Dave that is so bad ass. Looks amazing!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon, had to keep adding to the paint because of the big flat areas looking very plain
      Delete
  7. Hi Dave
    Nice job on the walker, as you say big flat areas are a bit of a bugger to paint but you've made a superb job of it. I do much prefer the smaller walker's but it's certainly one hell of a piece to have on the table.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, have never been a fan of painting vehicles because of this problem with large flat surfaces, but as I get older and add more techniques to my arsenal happier to tackle them. The smaller vehicles will probably get more use in gaming as the big one will be a tough one to deal with, maybe a large battle will draw it out, will have to see !
      Delete
  8. I'd love to comment Dave, but am currently gobsmacked!!
    Just "WOW!" :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, and great to see you back here mate
      Delete
  9. Very cool models here Dave - and I had actually seen and read this post, but as it was on my Mobile a month ago, I missed it when assembling the monthly round-up!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you mate, no worries you do an amazing job on your roundups with all the blogs you draw from
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment