Sunday 14 April 2019

" SURF & TURF "

Sorry guy's no food just models I'm afraid ! LOL
GRAV BOARDERS (Surf)
I've been making steady progress on the remaining Grav Boarders, here is the WIP shots of the remaining 4

as you can see from the pictures they are in varying states, but will have them all finished before the end of the month.
ORIENTAL ANIMALS ( Turf)
Have made some good progress on the Chinese Zodiac models, the Monkey is now finished

The goat needs some detailing on the armour then he is finished.

The Dragon has some detailing left to do.

The snake needs the arms finished, and some detailing on the armour.

The Cockerel needs one wing and some armour detail and he's finished.

Have started the Rat monk as well following Jez's suggestions.

I have slowly been blocking out the three big guy's, the Ox, the Horse, and the Tiger and will show these once they've got a bit more shape. Now I know a few are really interested in some of these models, and as soon as I've got them cast you guy's will be able to order them straight away before release day.
That's the lot for today, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. More marvellous WIP green-stuff work, Dave. Love seeing these minis come to life. Corking stuff :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, trying to show more WIP shots in case it helps others with their own modelling projects, and always happy to answer questions on any work I'm doing or doing tutorials if asked for
      Delete
  2. I'm really loving both of these projects you're working on, Dave. For me, the surfers are a must have to use in my "Judge Dredd" games. I don't have any call or real need for your Chinese Zodiac figures but they just grab me as must have figures. I don't know why but you've captured my imagination with them.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, thought you'd like the surfers, glad the zodiac figures grabbed your imagination, as these have taken a long time to find a Oriental themed group that I liked and weren't doing the same as everyone else had already done
      Delete
  3. Wow you are so productive Dave!, though they are of no current use top me, I can see all of these being popular with anyone playing these genre's

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, trying to get a little ahead as I've been working month to month for a while. Can fully appreciate that not everyone will have a use, and there is nothing wrong with that at all, as if we all liked the same thing it would be very boring ! LOL
      Delete
  4. I'm just loving these Dave, bravo Sir.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I must admit that I'm enjoying doing them now I've found a direction I like
      Delete
  5. The greens are coming along nicely Dave top job!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, looking forward to painting them as I've found some interesting colour schemes
      Delete
  6. Another top notch post Dave - I love these insights into your 'work in progress'. I could never aspire to such things, but I find them fascinating and can't thank you enough for sharing them :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, always happy to show and answer questions on how I do it, hope it inspires people to try more modelling
      Delete
  7. I think the surfers are really cool Dave. Now all you need is Da Gobbo to modify his chariot racing game to work with them :P
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy, posted up a simple surfing game that could be developed up further to add more elements to it, but very much want to play Andy's chariot game as well
      Delete
  8. Am sure there are plenty of rpg'rs who play the Jade Claw rules set who'd love to get their hands on these oriental Anthro characters. Good stuff Dave!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, and thanks for the information as I didn't know that one
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment