Sunday 14 April 2019

" FROM THE VAULT - EMPEROR'S CHILDREN "

When I did the " From The Vault " post the most votes were for the Emperor's Children, so I will show these first, I will be including parts of the "Lost and the Damned" list with them as these were built to help bolster their numbers and add in some interesting extras.
" FULGRIM "
When I started this army i wanted to have a mighty leader, so why not the demon primarch himself, this conversion was made from the Inquisitor space marine and the tail from a wood elf dragon as the basis, then lots of green stuff to give him the right look.

" LUCIUS THE ETERNAL "
This next model is a straight out of the packet (yes I do own some of these ! ) I bought incase I needed a cheaper HQ choice at some point

"TERMINATORS"
These are all converted models, as at the time GW didn't make any noise marine versions, they have since been dropped from the chaos codex, which is why they are in varying stages of paint, I do plan at some point to finish them all, as I shall be using a army list that my opponents agree to in games at home.

"NOISE MARINES"
All the models bar one in this unit are conversions some more heavily than others, the unit champion on the left was a standard GW model with a different backpack and weapon, the model on the right is carrying a Blastmaster, the rest are all armed with sonic blasters.

"MARINE SQUAD"
This unit has had a small amount of conversions done to give each model an individual feel as befitting Chaos

"MARINE SQUAD 2"
This squad has had some major conversion work to base the models on a piece of art by Adrian Smith, as you can see this is another unit that needs finishing.

"BIKERS"
These are all conversions again as GW never got round to maker noise marine bikers before dropping them, as you can see the conversions are all done, just need to finish painting them

"HELL TALON"
This was a fighter produced by Forgeworld, there was no conversion work just straight painting

"CHAOS SPAWN"
At the time I made this army you could take spawn as a choice you could also attempt to turn your opposition into one with a spell, to represent this I converted several models into spawn rather than just using the one standard spawn model at the time

I will show the rest in a second instalment, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

8 comments:

  1. Cracking looking army. I really like your version of Fulgrim. Very fittingly done.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, Fulgrim was one of those models that every time you thought you were done you found another area that needed something more, was pleased with the end result, and learnt a lot while doing him
      Delete
  2. Dave, I know you're a busy man, and I know you've other gaming projects on the go, BUT, you can't leave these guys tucked away in the cupboard!
    Terrific looking army :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, as the muse descends I will get these finished, I might even do a batrep with them at some point
      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm very much getting into the "Warhammer 40K" mood currently, Dave, so greatly appreciate the work you've done of these beauties. As Greg says though, you're going to need to finish the others now ;-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I have painted a couple of bits for them in the last couple of years, but really need to have a solid hit at them to finish them off. Probably didn't help getting the 40K starter boxset when it contained chaos a few years back ! LOL
      Delete
  4. A cracking good blog post, Dave. Those are some really cool looking models!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roy, most of the work on this army was done before I started the business, back when I had more time for hobby ! LOL
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment