Sunday 14 April 2019

" BONUS TIME "

So what do you do when you can't sleep from the pain, and TV is not enough of a distraction, well obviously you go and sculpt to take your mind off it, or at least that's what I was doing at between midnight and 4 this morning.
So what was I working on at that time in the morning some additional pieces for Imperial Assault that I've been tinkering with, first up is Max Rebo, started making the instrument back when I did the previous band members, and it's just been sat waiting until now, as you can see I've got one hand left to make, and some details on the instrument

Next up is the Rodian back up player you see in the extended version, I've had to increase the size of the head as the ones on the hired guns are very small

Have also started his compatriot that you see next to him in the movie

Next up is a conversion of a Weequay to make one of the two drummers seen in the film, Im also intending to make the drums as well to go with them

Then, I needed a change of pace so started painting up the two Jawa's I've got, would like to make some without the gun to go with them as well, these need a bit more to finish them but happy with the colours so far.

Last up for today is the riding beast I've been working on, why have I included this ? Well once I've cast him I'm intending on converting it into a Ronto to go with my Jawas.

That's the lot for this post, the next post will be the start of my forgotten heroes, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Been there, Dave, not being able to sleep or get back to sleep, so I get up in the middle of the night and paint some more figures or work on my blog. Anyway, these all look great. I hope you find some pain relief.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, unfortunately with the latest government legislation my doctor is unable to up my pain medication, so I guess it just means me getting on with me making more models than I normally would ! LOL
      Delete
  2. All really nice work Dave, I love the Rodian, and Max Rebo. Will you be adding a Jawa dangling from the reins of the Ronto?

    Sadly when my "problem" gets me up in the night I'm a bit stuck in the loo, so painting is a bit out I'm afraid.

    Hope you get your meds sorted out soon, Cheers Roger.

    Oh and I cant seem to use my wordpress account on your blog either, sorry.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I will be making myself some jawas to add to my Ronto when I convert him so will probably do a couple and have one with a dangling jawa.
      Sorry to hear your left indisposed when your illness play's up and will have to wait and see what happens with the doctor when I next see them
      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear that these offerings are the result of your suffering Dave, but at the same time it's good to know that they offer a degree of relief.
    All top notch stuff as ever :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Greg, I like to think of it as turning my pain into a gain, helps keep me possitive
      Delete
  4. Take care of yourself Dave.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Will do my best Andy ! Cheers mate
      Delete
  5. Firstly sorry to hear that you have not been feeling great Dave, not good news. Mind you what you have done as a result is awesome! I love Max, sooooo cool! I heard something the other day that was suggesting that his arms are actually his feet and that the idea that he is bipedal comes from the Kenner action figure.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, (even wrote the right name this afternoon, must be doing well) Often wondered about Max's feet as there just didn't seem to be enough room within the instrument to house legs big enough to support his ample frame. It's funny you mention action figures as I've had to resort to using reference pictures of these for a lot of the band, as actual pictures were very limited especially the two drummers
      Delete
  6. Awesome lots of Star Wars goodness being made. A friend of mine over at Darklight miniatures has been making Ewoks. Including one riding a speeder bike its looks rather cool!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I think I've seen them on Twitter and Facebook, they look really good. Luckily there is no bears on Tatooine so I don't need to make any of them as well
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment