Sunday 14 April 2019

" SEASON'S GREETINGS "

Now back from the frozen wastes, not too worse for ware and no surprise Wampa attacks while there !
First I would like to wish all the visitors to the cupboard a very merry Xmas and happy new year, and as it is the season of giving, any visitor to the cupboard can email me for a copy of the Death Match rules if their interested. Simply email wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk with Rules Please in the title and will email you a set straight away.
" FROM THE GROUND UP "
In Steve's last post you will have seen one of our gaming boards in use, the cobblestone board, while Steve was visiting he picked that one up and got a close look at many others, and remarked at how much detail we managed to get being in fibreglass compared to the plastic ones that are available from other companies. We have spent a lot of time developing this process so we can offer a great base for gaming needs.
So what do we cover, we have basic flat boards that have texture to make it easy for painting, and ones with small and large rock formations on (the large one will shortly be removed while we improve the rock texture)
Flat Board

We also cover a multitude of river sections including, straight, bend, fork, ford and estuary
River Bend with Oriental Scenery

We have two other water feature sections a beach head a small lake section
Beach Head
Now all the features are designed so you can place them in multiple set up's, for instance the lake could be fitted with three other lake sections to make a larger lake in the centre of the board, or alternatively it could be used next to the beach head to change the shape of the shoreline.
Our most recent boards are post apocalyptic road sections, these are my personal favourites
Straight Road

Cross Roads
Would like to make more sections for these at some point including a bend and T junction.
All the boards mentioned so far are 2' x 2' square, but we do a 3' x 3' square flat board as well.
Last up we also make a fantasy football pitch that features actual dugouts and raised numbered squares to make it harder to cheat with your counters !

All of our boards come in black, so no undercoat required you can paint straight directly onto the fibreglass, hope you found this informative, until next time HAVE FUN !
Cheers Dave

24 comments:

  1. Grrraaargh Aaaarrgh!! <-- ** makes his very best Wampa attack noises**

    Now I DIDN`T know about that football pitch board Dave. Does it come in one piece (as a one piece purchase) or two, and are there rules to go with that fantasy football game? I find myself quite take by it I must say hehe

    Having seen a number of these boards first hand I can attest to the fact they look ruddy marvelous, and would aesthetically enhance any game set up you care to mention.

    Reply
    Replies
    1. Nice Wampa impression ! LOL
      The football pitch is a single piece that comes with counters that have lips on them so they fit over the numbered tiles, no rules as there are many games already available out there, I myself play a certain game by GW on mine.
      Glad we impressed, one thing I forgot to mention in the article is the strength of the boards, I can physically stand on one without causing any damage
      Delete
  2. Okay, now you got me interested. Hmmmmmmm may have to discuss you sending me one over the phone (urm.. dont mean I want you to send me one OVER the phone I mean... oh you know lol).

    Aaaah yes I understand about the rules, was just wondering. This is intriguing me more and more.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Yes the teleporters still got some BUGS to work out ! LOL
      Have a sports game I want to do but it's more of a futuristic style one and would need a totally different board
      Delete
    2. Never ever in my life been interested in a sports game (not into sports at all in real life either) BUT recently two `types` of sports games have really caught my imagination. I say `types` as I`m not talking about any specific game or rules. 1) I`m interested in a VBCW or WWII (prisoners of War versus Germans) game of real footy, or 2) a very bloody fantasy game in line with Rutger Hauer and Joan Chen`s "The Salute of the Jugger". For the latter I`d simply use 4th Ed D&D with a few conversions lol. Not sure what I`d do for the first one though.
    3. NOW I see, so THATS why you`ve been looking at and pouring over that big set of 1930`s/40`s Langley Models 20mm (00 scale) footballers this last week hehe.
    4. Salute of the Jugger, was a fantastic film and would make a great game in tabletop, the WWII the easiest place to start figure wise may be something like Subbeto or similar as I recall there about the right size
      Delete
    5. OMG do they still make Subbuteo? I always figured anyone still had their old game would be sitting on a small fortune (wow from my childhood days so that`s like YEARS ago back when the dinosaurs roamed). Yes Subbuteo minis really would work fine Dave, but as Hillers quite astutely points out, Langley made a REALLY nice set - for a really nice price too.

      As for Salute of the Jugger, wow wouldn`t that make a stunningly cool game? Just imagine all the teams and personalities you could create. Weird isn`t it, I`ve never been into games but I absolutely love them in movies
    6. One of my favourite sub genres in Sci-Fi films is sports ones from the original Rollerball to the remake there was even a wrestling/ arena one which I can't remember the name of, with the super secret hush hush don't even whisper project we could always add "Salute" into it as an element !
      Good you found a range of models suitable for the WW II
      Delete
  3. I like the Alien tree and the Two Headed Monster, what a cool and utterly fantastic Christmas card that would make. Who designed it it, Mum or Sarah?

    A very interesting post Dave and WELCOME HOME. Are you all set for Christmas?

    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank's Hils, it was my daughter Arielle who came up with the illustration, will look at getting them made into Xmas cards next year as didn't get it done in time this year.
      Good to be back Hils, had a great time if somewhat painful, but missed you all and glad to be back in my comfort zone
      Delete
  4. Well, wow its a very clever and well designed card. Arielle should be proud. I`d be proud to own one of those made into a card and would probably frame it for the wall hehe.

    {{{but missed you all and glad to be back in my comfort zone}}}

    awwwwwww, hey its great to have you back.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. When we do them next year you will definitely receive one Hils
      Delete
  5. Have I been eyeing up these boards on the WTW site since I saw the Cobblestone one being used in Stevie's game? Maybe...a bit. As I plan at some point to build the Merton & Sons brewery, i do need a large cobbled yard in which to stack barrels, manoeuvre drays and unload sacks of barley. And maybe some 'Rodents of Unusual Size' and...and...the murderous ape! Slinging barrels from the roof! We need a plumber!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Is that why the counter on that page looks like a fan at the moment ? LOL
      Unusual rodents you say ? Nope not ringing any bells ! ROFL you've been chatting to Steve and I haven't forgotten the murderous ape, just clearing some of the backlog on the desk and should be on it, if you've got a pose and look in mind don't forget to send pictures
      Delete
    2. That wasn't a hint, Dave. As the murderous ape is associated with the brewery, I thought I'd mention him, as it allowed me to slip in a 'Donkey Kong' joke.

      And the 'rodents of unusal size' was a reference to 'The Princess Bride', so I have no idea what the two of you are cooking up. I'm intrigued now...

      I may have a crack at sketching the 'murderous ape', just to see what I can come up with...
    3. No worries Jez, as I always take suggestions and requests seriously, and you know me and Steve always cooking up new ideas ! If you feel like having a crack at the sketch please do as it gives me something to work to
      Delete
    4. Are they spiky death rats, mutated by toxic waste with spines and too many eyes? That would be cool...
    5. That's a cool idea, we can certainly do a mutant version as well
      Delete
  6. Great looking boards buddy. Love the pitch particularly
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, much appreciated. with so many gaming mats available solid boards aren't always a popular choice, but for me I like the feel of the textured board with details and shapes
      Delete
    2. Same, I considered mats but prefer 3d to 2d any day
    3. As you say mate it's a preference, I know for a lot of gamers it's a space issue, and for others they prefer the lightness for transport, so each to their own
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment