Sunday 14 April 2019

" BIT OF A CATCH UP "

Hoping to pick up my next expansion and ally packs for IA when I'm on holiday next week, so thought I ought to clear some of the models from previous expansions before getting more.
The first four are from expansions and the core set

Have also finished my Treadwell

Also finished two more of Jabba's Palace that I built

As part of azazelx October painting challenge to finish off squads I'm hoping to finally get all my Stormtroopers done, now as I'm away for two weeks of October it might be a bit of a push, but I do like a challenge ! LOL
BLOGGER'S DAY
Many thanks to Simon Quinton, as he has found a venue for this. It's just off the M5 so easy to get to, the cost will be £4 a head, or if we want £10 a head with non stop coffee and Tea and lunch provided.
All we need to decided now is when ? I'm thinking either March or after Salute as the run up to Christmas can be hectic for people and January and February are manic for me.
SAD DAY
For those who haven't seen the news today Carlos Ezquerra passed away, he was a huge supporter of the Strontium Dog fan film and even penned a classic cover based off the likeness of the two principal actors. He will be sorely missed

That's all for this post, hopefully I will get one more in before I go away, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

10 comments:

  1. Excellent additions to the collection you have got completed Dave. So much cool Star Wars figures coming out lately the new Scout Troopers for Legion look awesome. I don't mind I think probably post Salute would be a better date. Perhaps May?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, yes I wish the legion models had been the same scale as IA, would have given me some great variation.
      Fine with May if that's what everyone would like
      Delete
  2. Love the new additions mate and good luck painting the TK's before your deadline!

    Was everso sad to read about Ezquerra over my morning tea. One of my all time fav comic artists and only 70..... :(
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, hopefully I can meet the deadline!
      It was a shock about Carlos, as he had seemed to on the mend from his illness last week. Was a huge influence in my younger years and one of my preferred artists
      Delete
  3. Not being particularly familiar with the whole "Star Wars" universe, the only model I recognised was Treadwell, but only by sight. I didn't even know that was his/her/it's name.

    I was very sad to hear of the passing of Carlos Ezquerra. His contribution to the 2000AD comic cannot be understated. He was one of the greats and I shall miss him so much.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, the first four models are imperial assault creations, so easy not to know, and the others are quite obscure as well.
      It’s very sad about Carlos, and will miss his unique style greatly
      Delete
  4. May would be good for me too! The earlier we can get a date the more likely I am to get it off.

    Love the paint work on these Dave
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, May is starting to sound like a winner at the moment, just need to hear what the others who expressed a interest think.
      Delete
  5. Nice work on all the Star wars mini's Dave particularly liked the Treadwell model, though the other two you did for Jabba's palace are excellent work too.

    May should be OK with me (at least at the moment). Quite like the sound of the £10.00 all in option, would save taking sarnie's, but either way is fine with me.

    Sorry to hear about Carlos's passing, always a shame when a hero from your youth passes away, but we are getting to that age now when it seems to happen more and more.

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, the Treadwell was a bit of a whim, and have some really obscure Jabba’s models coming up.
      No problem on May, and I feel the same about the £10 option.
      Do you reckon we could make a deal with the reaper, instead of taking child hood heroes he can have 20 politicians instead! lol
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment