Sunday 14 April 2019

" REBEL REBEL "

Over the weekend I attended Crisis in Antwerp, I really enjoy this show, but think this will be my last time attending for the foreseeable future as it takes such a toll both physically and financially. As such I've only had a little hobby time but have got a few models finished.
First is Ezra Bridger, for anyone not aware of Star Wars Rebels he was a child discovered on Lothal and was force sensitive. On the model I've added a transparent light sabre, using coloured plastic rod, and also a little OSL from the sabre.

Next is his mentor Kanan Jarrus, not a fully fledged Jedi but had enough training to be able to train Ezra, in the later series he was blinded in a battle, and took to wearing the face plate with the eyes painted on it by Sabine ( more on her in a later post). He had the same treatment as Ezra to his sabre but in blue, which I had to add a blue wash to, as it wasn't very vibrant.

As part of Azazel's Mechanical November Painting Challenge I've managed to paint my AT-DP .
The All Terrain Defence Pod was first seen in Star Wars Rebels, for the painting of this one I undercoated it in grey primer, then put a layer of black wash all over. Once dry I picked out panels in tones of grey, then added some weathering marks with Reikland flesh shade.
The base colour is for my Tatooine board, now some may say it's a bit orange, well that's because I shall be using the same boards for Traventi to save space, we all have to make compromises from time to time ! LOL

That's it for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave 

14 comments:

  1. Both Jedi's look ace Dave. Love that Walker where is it from?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the AT-DP comes in the "Tyrants of Lothal" expansion, I expect it may appear in other films and series before long but was first shown in Rebels. They also had the old Imperial Transport by Palitoy in use in the series
      Delete
  2. Lovely stuff as always Dave
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, like to keep busy and push myself
      Delete
  3. They all look good despite me not having a clue who or what they are.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, I’m afraid I’ve got more from Rebels to show, but should have a few you may recognise as well
      Delete
  4. Not overly familiar with the Rebels series, Dave, but do recall replacing my Star Wars figures crappy lightsabers with transparent plastic toothpicks, so i can relate to this aspect of your modelling. Good stuff.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jez, yes not everyone is familiar with Rebels, after all we all have different tastes.
      I haven’t had a straight lightsaber yet so this seemed a great way to combat that problem and the painting of them at the same time
      Delete
  5. Hi Dave I read this yesterday on the tablet but couldn't comment because there was a big picture over the comments box. Anyway I just wanted to say what a good job I thought you had done on the walker thingy, the wash certainly makes it stand out nicely.
    Cheers
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, yes there seemed to be a glitch with my blog list covering up a large section of the blog.
      Finding the washes can be great for adding shadows after highlighting as well
      Delete
  6. Ezra and Kanan look super cool Dave.

    The Walker though I'm not famliar with - looks smaller than an AT-ST?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, the ST-DP is taller than an AT-ST as they use them in the cities so need to be taller than the buildings
      Delete
  7. Great work on this AT-DP. The black lining is really effective on the model, and the subtle streaking is also very well done.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, you did such a great job on yours I didn’t want to lower the tone
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment