Sunday 14 April 2019

" TEMPORARY LOSS OF SANITY "

There are days I have to question my level of sanity, as while I was searching for more denizens of Jabba's Palace I realised that I had no skiffs for transport for them, now there is rules for them in Imperial Assault, but they only suggest using normal floor tiles, these seemed a bit dull for me and as I'm trying to do Tatooine in 3D I set to work finding some reference pictures. While searching I found a really useful blog which had also come across the same problem, here is his blog oldenhammer .
I liked what he did but wanted a more detailed version so set about coming up with this

It does have a retractable boarding plank, when I build the second one I'm going to attempt putting in one on both sides. As you can see I still have a way to go yet.
Not only have I been working on this but I've been carrying on with some more denizens
First up is Tanus Spijek, a weird looking creature, and for some reason has boobs just above it's belly !

Next is Yuzzum, another background creature, which was the inspiration for Joh Yowza in the extended version

Next is Gauron Nas Tal, another background creature, that looks a lot like a trandoshan, so used one of the heads of such.

Next up is Saelt-Marae also known as Yak face, this one appears in the background in multiple shots in the movie.

That's the lot for today while I go and take the psych eval test, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Great work, Dave. I totally get why you'd want to build your own 3D skiff instead of using a card tile. Apart from Yak-face I'd never heard of any of the other aliens you're showing here. You're building up a smashing collection and I can tell this is a project you're very enthusiastic about. :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, don't tell anyone but I've been looking at Jabba's sail barge as well ! hopefully my wits will return and I'll leave that one ! LOL
      With the aliens, every time I'm reaching the end I find more, eventually I should finish, EVENTUALLY ! LOL
      Delete
  2. You are totally mad, Dave, totally awesome too mind, but still quite quite mad ;-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Totally agree on the mad part ! ROFL Hopefully I inspire as well along the way
      Delete
  3. It's all gone a bit Pokemon around here, eh? Gotta catch (sculpt/construct) them all!

    Which is not a bad thing by any means. As long as it's not ME who's having to be so creative! Ha!

    Keep it up mate, per usual, it all looks fab so far. :)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, what can I say OCD is a curse ! LOL It's why I tried to limit my gaming zone for IA otherwise I would be building teddy bears ! and tauntauns and on and on and on, especially as I have a lot of additional material on each of the plants they've been on from the expanded universe.
      Delete
  4. The expression "Some people have too much time on their hands", springs to mind here :-)

    All really nice stuff though.

    Cheers Roger
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I think the phrase “ the devil makes work for idle hands “ works better so always like to keep busy ! lol
      Delete
  5. Totally mental buddy, cool but totally mental
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, could have been worse, could have started with Jabba’s sail barge! lol
      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing the Skiffs take shape and come to life. Nice sculpting work on all the new denizens. This is a fab project Dave keep at it!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the first skiff is progressing well and should hopefully be finished next week, the denizens is starting to feel like a never ending project, but will get there in the end, then onto Mos Eisley ! LOL
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment