Sunday 14 April 2019

" FANTASY FLIGHT CHARACTERS "

This weeks post is all characters that are produced by Fantasy Flight Games for Imperial Assault, and come in the expansion boxes. First ones are from the expansion "Heart of the Empire"
DROKKATTA is a Wookie that is classed as a demolition expert, he certainly seems to like grenades with all the grenade pouches on his bandoleers, I've put the artwork I've based his colour scheme on underneath.

KO-TUN FERALO is a rebel quartermaster

JARROD KELVIN  on first glance you'd think he's only effective in close combat, but he comes with a robot J4X-7 who is a weapon monster, unfortunately you only get a card token to represent the droid, will have to remedy that ! LOL

The next two characters are from the expansion " TYRANTS OF LOTHAL "
TRESS HACNUA is a cybernetic brawler

CT-1701 this concept was introduced in Star Wars Rebels, having veteran clone troopers coming out of hiding and helping the rebellion, personally I liked this concept.

Have also taken a couple of shots of the collection, as you can see there is more painted than not, might need some more pieces soon ! LOL

That's the lot for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a mighty impressive collection of figures you have there, Dave. I can tell this is a project that is very dear to you. The inclusion of the pictures of the characters you've showcased in figure form was a nice touch and much appreciated by me, even though I have no idea who any of them are. My knowledge of Star Wars is limited to the first six films.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, I resisted starting Imperial Assault for a good long while as I knew if I started I'd probably go too far ! LOL
      As the characters shown are all inventions by Fantasy Flight games I thought it would be useful to show the art to help anyone who doesn't play IA
      Delete
  2. Terrific post, Dave, with CT-1701 being the stand-out figure for me. Love the concept behind him. What a corking group shot too - and still a few to paint as well I spy LOL!!! Good to know there's still more of your truly inspiration "Star Wars" posts yet to come :-)
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, CT-1701 certainly helps to answer what happened to all the clone troopers after the Emperor took over the galaxy.
      Yes there is a few models in the centre of the group that should keep me busy for a while, plus anything else I come up with in the meantime ! LOL
      Delete
  3. Very impressive Dave, what a collection mate
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, probably still a way off your Bushido collection though !
      Delete
    2. Haha several shelves full now mate
    3. LOL ! Will need a second shelf soon, not including all the vehicles I have which won't fit on the shelves ! I think I might have a problem ! " Hi my names Dave, and I suffer with model addiction ! " ROFL
      Delete
  4. These all look great mate. Your banging your way through these!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, still a few more to go before I get or make some more! lol
      Delete
  5. Lovely stuff Dave and what a lot of it you've got now too!

    Good job they're plastic or the shelf might give way ;-)

    Cheers Roger.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, luckily the shelf is reinforced as I still own some very heavy models, one of which weighs 5 kilos ! LOL
      Delete
  6. I agree with Bryan, it is nice to see the original artwork you've based your painted minis on, and you've done a cracking job of matching it as well.
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, as I know from previous comments that a lot of the followers don't know IA I thought it would help. I could have changed the colours, but thought why reinvent the wheel, also gives me an excuse to push myself to match them.
      Delete
  7. Wow! Some cracking characters in this post! THe brawler's seems to have some red spots on her forehead? Near Human or some alien species that's escaping my memory?
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, in the reference picture there is some red dots, I thought they might be some electrical nodes, but the model didn’t have them modelled on it
      Delete
  8. Really nice work on these heroes, Dave - and one hell of an impressive Star Wars: IA collection there as well. You're one hell of a long way ahead of me there!
    Reply
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I was actually surprised by how many I’ve actually got finished
      Delete

No comments:

Post a Comment