Tuesday 1 October 2019

ANGRY RON !

As I continue to clear my daughters models, I've been concentrating on finishing the sculpting of Angron. I've used a bit of artistic licence with some of the sculpt compared to the artwork, but tried to keep with the general feel of the artwork.
I thought taking a picture at this stage would be a good idea to show just how much green went into this conversion, as once it's painted you'll hopefully not see the difference.

Once I've finished a couple of little details, I'll be onto the painting, which I want to get done as soon as possible. I'm going to change some of the colours from the art as there is too much red, on red, on red.

That's it for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fantastic conversion, Dave. the addition of the unfortunate Space Maarine really gives it a sense of scale. I can't wait to see the finished version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, with the scale of the current GW and Forgeworld models he's probably a bit small now, but will be easier to game with at this scale, but as long as my daughter is happy with it that's the main thing

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! What a beastie! Lovely job Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, good to get this one finished as he's been sat around for almost 10 years now !

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I don't know why I've put it off for so long as it's seemed to finish really quickly

      Delete
  4. brilliant work dude, great stuff! love the dead marine in the claws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, wanted to keep the overall feel and aesthetic of the artwork as that's what my daughter wanted

      Delete
  5. Bloody brilliant mate! one to cast as well perhaps? Looking forward to the painted effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, to cast one I would need to redesign him for copyright law, but have been thinking about doing some demons, so we will have to see

      Delete
  6. The detail youve put into the figure is fantastic, really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, as it's for my daughter the effort was worth it

      Delete
  7. Wow I didn't realize how big he was until I seen the marine in his hand Dave, from your earlier picture I was putting him about the size of the old daemon prince model but with the amount of bulking out you've done with the green stuff he looks way bigger then that model.

    You done a nice job on Gore father as well, it looks suitable menacing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, the base model was the large metal bloodthirster, his mid section was then elongated by a cm as well, and then as you say he was bulked up with lots of green.
      Gorefather was an experiment in plasticard to see how much detail and shape I could get in

      Delete