Tuesday 15 October 2019

YOU'RE RUINING DATE NIGHT !

Having finished my Armada ships, I was trying to find something to work on, preferably a neglected model to fit in with Azazel's monthly challenge, when I spotted the Suicide Squad box, now it counted on neglected as it has been sat for two years, then I thought it also counted on Zombtober as survivors as the mindless minions of Enchantress were zombie like. Now I'm not entering Zombtober as I should have shown two survivors by now, but would like to have most of the heroes finished this month.
First up is Harley Quinn, this was a tough model to replicate the film version but like to push myself, not happy to do the lettering on her T-shirt or Tats at the moment, so I'm calling this one finished until I get a specific brush for the job.

I also finished the easiest model in the box Batman, the colour scheme was very easy to replicate from the movie.

Here's how far I've got on the rest so far.

Hopefully I should get a couple more finished this week, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. What a smashing miniature and lovely work Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I have to say the knight models are very small, even in comparison to the Imperial Assault miniatures

      Delete
  2. They all look great, Dave, but for me, Harley steals the show - just as she did in the film! I am not a big fan of DC in general but I absolutely love Harley Quinn!
    The figure is an excellent version of Harley, but is not one I'm in any rush to buy. I'm more than happy with my many Heroclix versions I own of her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, admit I'm not a huge DC fan either, for me this was one of the better movies except for Joker. I think what appealed to me was the diversity of characters in the movie.
      The negative of this version of Harley was she was only available as part of the Suicide Squad box set, but as it was a way to encourage the wife and kids to play war games I went for it.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the Harly figure and I really like the sculpt, it has a lot of character, and looks like a Hasselfree Kev sculpt which is in my opinion as good as it gets.

    Ive used waterproof pens for very fine work on eyeballs, they might be usefull for the T shirt although I've only seen black ink but at .05mm its very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it doesn't credit the sculptor in the box set unfortunately so have no idea, with their small size it wouldn't surprise me if they were 3D renders.
      I have also used pens before as I find they can be more accurate, so may well get a pen instead, thanks for the idea John

      Delete
  4. I almost got this boxed set cos I liked the minis so much.

    Better to live vicariously through you though mate and save the $$$. ;)

    Great paint jobs so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, with the price of this box set I was very indecisive about it, but knew how much my wife liked this movie, glad I was able to save you a few bucks mate ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Great bit of work Dave & you'll be pleased to know that my daughter happened to look at the first picture & said to her daughter look its Harley Quinn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, I must have done something right if it’s instantly recognisable

      Delete
  6. Lovely job on Harley. I like this version of Batman as well. Such a nice sculpt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, there are some truly great sculpts in this box set

      Delete