Thursday 17 October 2019

HEROES AND VILLAINS

Continuing on with the Suicide Squad box set, I have completed two more of the heroes, and two of the villains from the set.
First up is one of my favourites Killer Croc, his outfit was interesting to achieve, as his hoodie was brown crushed velvet, and the rest of his outfit is leather

Next up is Captain Boomerang, there was a couple of challenges on his outfit getting the shine to his tracksuit top, and simulating the fur on the inside of his jacket, also the head sculpt wasn't great with definition on his mutton chops beard.

The first villain I've completed was the Joker, where I've tried to simulate his tats, quite pleased with how they turned out.

Last up today is one of his henchmen, now I've seen a lot done in orange jumpsuits, from the reference picture I've included it seemed red to me.

That's it for this post, so until next time have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Great to see you having so much fun with the Knight Models, Dave :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, There are times I would definitely not call it fun ! LOL I'll get there in the end

      Delete
  2. The first one is very menacing but by far away the best is the last, that is just amazing. It probably helps that I've never seen the movie or cartoon so didn't know what to expect, but that Eyeball for a head is just superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, killer Croc is one of my favourites, the henchmen are indeed unusual and varied, so lots of painting opportunities

      Delete
  3. You seem to be having a lot of fun with this set, Dave. I am really hard pressed to pick a favourite as they all bring something special to the table. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bryan, you’re right there are some great models in this set, there are a few that throw up some real challenges

      Delete
  4. More good stuff! Joker's tat's are impressive, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, I'm just glad he had his jacket on ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Love these Dave and I quite enjoyed Suicide Squad. I didn't get Boomerang to begin with, but by the end of the film he was one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I'm hoping the second one is as good especially with cast changes. Boomerang is a complex character indeed, with all the different characters in the film, some got more focus than others, hopefully it will change in the next movie

      Delete
  6. Wonderful models Dave & you've done a great job on painting them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank, I’ve had to make a few colours to match the reference pictures, but think it was worth it

      Delete
  7. Nice work Dave. The SS set had some really nice sculpts in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, they certainly are, with great attention to detail

      Delete