Friday 29 September 2023

ZOMTOBER/ APOCALYPSE ME 2023

 With October almost upon us, it's time to set the next challenge. If you want to follow the original rules for Zomtober, feel free, or just paint what you want for Apocalypse me. The rules on Apocalypse Me are as follows :

1 it can be a part finished model, or one that you paint from scratch.

2 Models, scenery or vehicles all count.

3 you have until the end of October to get your models finished, but I wont be doing the round up until at least 10 days into November, so you have time to get your posts up after the closing dates (as we all know how life can happen ! LOL)

What counts as apocalypse well here is the definition :

an event resulting in great destruction and violent change: Nobody was artistically better prepared to deal with the watery apocalypse that followed Hurricane Katrina than this 75-year-old man. In the Bible, the Apocalypse is the total destruction of the world.

If you give me a valid reason why what your painting fits into this, then it will count, also if you're feeling really adventurous you can convert or sculpt a model of yourself in a apocalypse setting, like I did the first year as seen below.


Here are a sample of last years fantastic entries.


How do you register, well you can either leave a comment below, and if yours is a blog I don't follow please add a link to your blog, or you can drop me an email at wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk with your name and your blog, that's all for this post, so until next time, stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

19 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet! Just found a few zombies in a box last week, I had forgotten about them for ages, this is the perfect excuse to get them on the bench! Cool, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect timing then Suber, great to have you on board.

      Delete
  2. I'll definitely be in for some Fallout stuff. I'm ramping up on it as we speak so maybe I'll be able to get a decent amount of stuff entered in the challenge this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you on board Jeff, look forward to seeing what you get done now, you have finished your latest display piece.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes mate, already had your file set up, as you asked on your blog ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Oooh nice, I may have some zombies sitting around somewhere.... I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you on board for another challenge SD

      Delete
  5. At last a blog that has allowed me to comment on, I;ve been unable to sign on about six different blogs now (including my own) and I hope some of my followers see this.
    Rant over
    It really is amazing just how many folk join in with this 'feature; every year and every year I don't join in and add to my 400+ horde, but seeing all the yearly addition of zeds to collection is always cheering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lot of problems at the moment, and have experienced similar on the wordpress sites, constantly wanting me to log back in all the time, but still can't comment on my phone, only the PC, very frustrating, especially with OCD ! LOL
      The support on the challenges is just as important in my book Joe, and thank you for lending yours on every challenge.

      Delete
  6. I look forward to seeing what people come up with. I have some that would fit perfectly, but unfortunately I have to clear my current queue first and that's been a challenge in itself. If things change though, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all Brian, the challenges are always about clearing some of our pile of miniatures, never a distraction, and if your focused on clearing current queue, I say good for you mate.

      Delete
  7. I'll be eagerly watching for people's entries for this one! Sadly won't have time to join though myself. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fully understandable Dai, the support for the event is just as important, and your contributions will be missed.

      Delete
  8. John@justneedsvarnish5 October 2023 at 14:58

    Not sure I'll get anything that fits this year, Dave! I think it was just just pure coincidence that I finished my Martian cylinder last year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Zomtobering so I guess that counts for Apocalypse Me too. http://cheaphammer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does Kieron, I will add you to the list, and thanks for the link.

      Delete
  10. I'm in for Apocalypse Me! Not sure what I'll make/paint yet but I'm definitely up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you on board for another year Matt.

      Delete