Thursday 14 September 2023

SEASON OF SCENERY 2023 ROUNDUP

 So this has been the biggest year so far, with so many returning participants, and many new ones as well. I will be posting each persons blog with pictures, but many of them have more pictures from other angles on their blogs, so do check them out.

joesavestheday Joe has worked through a lot of 40K scenery but also found time for some Fantasy stuff as well


lostdamnedstunted Dai got  not only some very cool vending machines done, and a mighty fine frozen pool finished, and made some headway through some MDF kits for his next project.


angrypiper Keith not only got a whole bunch of Aliens scenery completed but a Dragon Graveyard as well.


justneedsvarnish John not only did a lot of fantastic vegetation but some great boats and landing craft ( the boat is the one chasis with all these variants, talk about space saving ! LOL)


tllw Stewart not only finished his ACW gaming board and details, but has even taken it to a show and gamed over it already.


kuribospainting Jeff added to his Fallout scenery with some great road tiles, and consoles and desks.


pmpainting Matt gave us an interesting romp through lots of different natural areas.


azazelx covered multiple genre's and makes the rest of us feel like we paint in slow motion, but it wouldn't be the same without him ! LOL


rantingsfromunderthewargamestable Roger even though real life keeps throwing him curve balls managed to get double win by painting his advent challenge models that also work for S.O.S.


convertordie Wudugast painted up a load of scenery for his underhive gaming, and also a load for fantasy as well ( Azazael his giving you a run for the money with his output ! LOL)


doubledowndice Brian has been adding to his scratchbuilt dungeon terrain, to make his D&D games more atmospheric ( I'd consider getting back into this RPG on terrain like this )


dagreenhorde Snapfit painted up a great Goblin encampment made by Grendel.


caveadsum1471 Iain, repurposed a lot of part built scenery from old projects to make some exquisite terrain, for his current gaming, bet you can't guess what they were originally for ?


spacedinosaurminis not only did a great fantasy scenery piece, but also a load of starships for Star Wars armada.


markamorin Mark did a fantastic war balloon for his Wars of Ozz gaming, you seriously need to check out how much work went into getting this piece done.


gurupig Dave used multiple sources for his sci-fi gaming board.


thewargamingerratic Lorenzoseventh finished his scratchbuilt Tower building, 


262krieg DAM finished two reaver titans, in the new Titanicus scale , with tons of great detail, now I just need to find why my comments on his blog aren't working ! LOL


A huge thank you to everyone who took part, all your contributions to this challenge is what makes it all worthwhile ( Roger shouting in the background) almost forgot I manged the odd tree and bits and bobs as well


That's all for another year, don't forget to post up your challenge Ogre's once painted as Roger will be doing a roundup on those on his blog, so until next time, stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

26 comments:

  1. Wow, there were some really impressive submissions this year! Great work everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year has got bigger, and the diversity always surprises me, thanks for taking part again Dai.

      Delete
  2. So many great entries! Thanks for hosting the challenge again, Dave. Looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Snapfit, the output and quality is staggering every year, and thanks for being a part of this years challenge.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for running this Dave, it motivated me to get a load of terrain done and clearly had the same effect on lots of others!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Iain, happy to keep running this for as long as I can, and thank you for being a part of it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Dave for organizing and hosting the challenge. Great entries all around. Well done all of us. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Stewart, glad it helped to keep the motivation going, you all deserve a huge round of applause for what you all achieved.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic posting, Dave, which must have had you up half the night with so many pics. What a fantastic turnout. Great to see your challenge proving both so successful and popular. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I learnt on the first year to grab the pictures as the event progressed rather than waiting to the end, so only took about two hours to get the post together, but you're right a lot of pictures ! LOL I'm surprised that the event has grown as much as it has, as it was started during Lockdown, but so pleased that everyone finds it useful to get their scenery finished, hopefully next year will be even bigger ! LOL (look forward to the three hours to make the post ! LOL)

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my Tiny Titan (tm) project alongside all of these other great works. So much fun stuff to look through from the community. Congrats to all. Also, sorry to see your comments didn't get posted to my blog. I fixed that, and responded to each and everyone. Thanks for your time there. Your comments were simply waiting for approval, but I don't understand why i wasn't getting the usual email notifications. I never check the blogger approval screen because I typical get an email and approve from there. I'll be keeping a watch from now on so there shouldn't be future issues there.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said DAM vehicles count in any scale, so they deserved their time in the spotlight. Blogger seems to have a couple of glitches at the moment, I stopped getting emails completely, and often have comments that need approval, from people that have been commenting for years, so I now check my comments section every day, which is how IU found yours today ! LOL

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic output this year! Let's all give ourselves a pat on the back for what we accomplished. Of course, much of the acclaim should go to you, Dave, for organizing this and sharing the results. I have no doubt it takes quite a bit of time in the end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year it gets bigger, and that is all down to everyone that takes part Jeff, it wouldn't be the same without any of you. After the first year where I collected the pictures after the event, I now collect them as they are posted, saves a lot of time at the end, and I organise each persons into their own folder so there is no confusion at the end ! LOL The slowest part is my PC as it's getting old (like me ! LOL) and doesn't always upload things as quick as it should, but it's worth it for turnout like this !

      Delete
  8. That's avery impresive hosr of scenic items, some folk have been very productive eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, it's so great to see so much completed scenery, everyone did a fantastic job again this year.

      Delete
  9. Dave, you are a gentleman and a scholar! What a great group of fantastic work that I was honored to play a tiny part in. But such a massive project that you had just to assemble all of the photos plus the post, so please know I appreciated every piece of art shown. Looking forward to next year - and back to painting more stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark, happy to keep hosting this event, for as long as I can. I found the trick was getting organised at the beginning, and a folder for each participant, then as and when they post up collect the pictures as I go, and it also makes it quicker at the end, put in the link and go to their file and add the pictures, although if they have done a lot of similar pieces it can a little trickier ! LOL

      Delete
  10. John@justneedsvarnish21 September 2023 at 14:47

    Crikey Dave, that's a lot of very nice stuff! :-) Thanks for starting it off and posting everyone's pictures! I fully expect to have enough to keep me going next year as well! My ogre is now close to being finished and it's kept me pretty busy (slow painter and not used to fantasy figures where you get to choose what colours to use)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem John, and thanks for taking part again this year, also thanks for the group shot you did, I didn't use it as it didn't convey how much you'd actually done, and went for the individual shots instead. It can be daunting to go from this needs to be this colour, to what do I want, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done.

      Delete
  11. An outstanding selection of models from all of the participants in this challenge - and thanks as always to Dave for running it - I know how gruelling it can be to run these things (which is why I had to stop!) so I'm always extra appreciative of what goes into it.
    Now my own task is to see how much of the tail that missed the end of this challenge I can actually get done before the next one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was you who inspired me to start doing these challenges, to help clear the backlogs we all have ! LOL Everyone had a great showing again this year.
      If these challenges keep us working our way through, and even between challenges, they are doing what they're supposed to I would say.

      Delete
  12. Well, I had taken look through all these before...and then got sick before returning to comment. But here I am now! First off, thank you Dave for all your hard work in running the challenge and putting the post together. It's so hard for me to get to Challenges lately, but I was glad I was able to participate in this one. All the work people have done is really amazing to behold! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Brian, no trouble really it's just downloading a few pictures really ( few 100 with AZ and Wudu ! LOL) it's everyone who takes part and supports the event that makes it so good, thank you all for your part.

      Delete
  13. Can't believe I missed this post haha, but thanks for sharing my stuff out there, and good job to everyone else who participated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easily done SD, LOL Part of the reason for the challenges are to spotlight blogs we may have missed, the other being to clear some of our backlog of models ! LOL

      Delete