Friday 29 December 2023

LAST OF THEM

 For my first challenge submission I really wanted to finish the last 10 mutants for my lost and the damned army, especially as this now finishes everything I currently have for the three Chaos armies, it also means they are finally cleared off my desk as they have been sat there since last years challenge.


From the group shot above the first three models were all sold as leaders from the scavvy gang for Necromunda, the one on the right was a 1 st edition and the other two were second edition.


These next two models were both 1 st edition gang members.


These next two were second edition gang members, and the sculpts were very similar, plus I've done the odd conversion.


These last 3 were also second edition gang members, but no conversions on these.


As you will notice the mutations on these are very subtle, rather than the usual mass of tentacles you tend to see, as I wanted to portray that all mutations are shunned by the Imperium, even though the living conditions for their citizens is often the cause of the mutations rather than the worshiping of the Dark Gods, but they would be the only ones to accept these people.

That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

12 comments:

  1. Now that is a motley crew! These lads are grim and gritty just like GW intended :) They look fantastic all together as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, as these are one of the cheapest units and have guns that might explode, I thought their clothing should match the ragtag look ! LOL With these now finished I have a unit of twenty of them.

      Delete
  2. Nice work, Dave! Those are some lovely old-school models.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, I really like a lot of the older models more than some of the newer ones ! LOL

      Delete
  3. John@justneedsvarnish31 December 2023 at 10:35

    They look a right bunch of stragglers, but in the nicest possible way! Nicely done, Dave! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, they are indeed a ragtag bunch, but deserve a little attention the same as everyone else ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Fancy having unfinished figures on your painting desk for a whole year, Dave. Shame on you, LOL!! These look excellent btw. You've clearly spent a good while picking out all the little details with different colours etc to really make them look a ragged force to be reckoned with. Terrific paintjobs on some classic miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I know it's criminal, and I'll have to make sure to clear my desk this year ! LOL I think all the different elements on them was what was causing the mental block on getting them finished, but just concentrating on each one individually helped overcome the problem ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Congrats on finishing up your army, I bet that's a good feeling! They turned out a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, yes I now have the three elements for my Slaanesh force, the Lost and the Damned, the Emperor's Children and the Demon section all completed (unless I add something else ! LOL)

      Delete
  6. Very cool selection of uglies, Dave - and congratulations on finally getting them compled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, was a great feeling finally getting them off of my desk, although I've now been having new ideas for my Chaos armies ! LOL

      Delete