Thursday 21 December 2023

LITTLE & LARGE

 Carrying on with my old Lizardmen, I've got a couple of more pieces finished. This first one is a model GW released as the character Tehenhauin the prophet of Sotek, I wont be using it as the character, but will add it as a standard bearer in a skink unit.


Next I've got a unit of 3 Kroxigor, these are the original release models as I hated the second edition ones, the latest version look good, and I may well get some of those as you can use Kroxigor in two ways, either as a unit in their own right, or as part of a unit of Skinks to give them some added strength in combat, which is what I will use these 3 for.


The next one I've done is a Stegadon, the bottom half is the original metal body with the updated howdah from the plastic kit and it's crew.


Below is the original metal model and the new plastic one in their normal form so you can see the difference.


I've still got some flyers to finish and a unit of skink skirmishers, and then I'll have pretty much finished all the bits I currently have done, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. This is like your Dark Eldar phase, Dave. Enormously productive and inspiring! I love the Stegadon and it makes an intimidating additional to any battlefield. The standard bearer and Kroxigor look great as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, It seems once I'm inspired enough I can focus on the one thing and get it done, but I feel a need to return to a galaxy far far away calling to me ! LOL. The Stegadon comes from not wanting to get rid of a perfectly good model, and having a few spare parts lying around ! LOL Nice to finally have these bits finished rather than just sitting undercoated ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully colourful eye-candy, Dave. Great to see you super-enthused, as you really churn out a lot of great looking figs when you are - and your Skinks etc are no exception to this rule. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, I think it comes from wanting to finish projects old or new, plus my desk could really use some space ! LOL Merry Christmas to you to.

      Delete
  3. John@justneedsvarnish26 December 2023 at 09:56

    All nicely done, Dave! :-) Good call with the stegadon model I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, was probably more work than most people would be willing to do, but I like the end result ! LOL

      Delete
  4. Great work, Dave - the combination of the two Stegadon kits looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, I don't like getting rid of old models just because there is a new one out, and this used up some spares from a customer commission ! LOL

      Delete
  5. More lovely lizards! The stegadon is a great mini, hopefully not too complicated to put together?! It looks like painting would have to be done in parts as well. This reminds me, I was trying to recall the colors used for the Blood Bowl Lizard team. I think Skinks were most commonly blue or green? The Saurus were definitely blue. I think Kroxigors were usually red?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, being a conversion and lots of bits needing to be added or tied together, it was all painted as one, except the skinks which I did do separately. The last army book I had, made the very bold claim that all Lizardmen were blue, so my defiance added in the black and red, especially as red was originally the mark of Sotek ! LOL Couldn't answer for now, as I think there has been at two new lists since I bought one of their books.

      Delete
  6. Thank you Azazael, I had 3000 points in the original style, that a friend quickly painted for me in base colours and washes, then sold most of it when the new models came out, and slowly started collecting up again, but didn't get very far, but wish I had ! LOL

    ReplyDelete