Sunday 17 December 2023

SAURUS

 -

Firstly I'd like to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas, and hope you and your families have a great time this year.

Onto my next batch of Lizardmen the Saurus, these are the larger of the basic troops, but not as agile as the smaller Skinks, but hit a lot harder. I don't have many of these at the moment and will need to add some of the more recent plastics to build up their numbers. First is a Saurus Oldblood, these can be used as army generals, this one is actually got parts from a metal character, that I didn't want to use as a character, but more on him later in this post.


Next we have a command group for the Temple Guard, or as GW now call them the Saurus Guard, these elites can accompany a Slann Mage Priest to give him protection.


I've also got a second Temple Guard champion, (got two the same Christmas from two different people) and can always use it as a champion in a unit of Saurus.


Last today is an Oldblood on Carnosaur, this is where the parts from the first model ended up on. The mount is the original metal model, which I changed the pose to make him more upright, which I think gives it a more aggressive look.


Almost forgot, I actually remembered to take pictures of the conversion of this one


That's all for todays post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

17 comments:

  1. Wow, this is unbeatable! I love how they look , fierce and imposing. Pretty nice conversion work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, hopefully some of the bits I'm working on will surprise even more ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Dave, that carnosaur is bad ass to the bones of somebody! Anyways, Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark, I am very pleased with how it turned out, and using the bits from the Oldblood, and repositioning gave it more dynamism I think. Hope you and the family have a very Merry Christmas, and the knee op, doesn't get in the way too much.

      Delete
  3. Thank you John, I think this will end up my most colourful army to date ! LOL I certainly intend to have some time off, but lots to do and get back to ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful, beautiful...and may be dangerous! Cracking job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, and definitely on the dangerous side ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Cracking stuff, Dave. I have a load of Saurus STLs to print at some point, and will definitely be popping back here for some inspiration. Probably my fave Fantasy army if I'm honest - with Vampires running a close second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, they've always been my favourite, Chaos being the only other fantasy army I dabbled with, but I've never fully got rid of my Lizardmen, so have always had some of it left, will need to get some more if I'm to build it back to a full force, but that will be later down the line ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Its funny that they renamed the Temple Guard because they still make Temple Guard Blue paint. Go figure! Everything here looks great but the reposed Old Blood and Carnasaur is particularly inspired! There's not much that is more impressive on a battlefield than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, I know strange ideas, perhaps they have a new creature they are going to release as Temple Guard ! LOL Glad you like him, was a pain at times, but worth it in the end.

      Delete
  7. All of them look great, especially the converted Carnosaur, love the pose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, When I got the model, I wasn't a fan of the pose of the standard model, plus this way it actually takes up less surface space om the table ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Yea, that Carnosaur looks pretty ferocious! I know Skinks and Saurus from my time playing Blood Bowl. Can be a difficult team to go up against. Nice work on them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, yes they were pretty effective in Blood Bowl back when I was playing many years ago, and were pretty effective in Warhammer as well.

      Delete
  9. Great stuff again, Dave - and those last WIP shots remind me of the horros of large multipart metal models! :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, and you are not wrong on the pains of those old large metal models ! LOL

      Delete