Thursday 7 December 2023

THEN THERE WERE 3

When I posted up the Coatyl, I mentioned I had a second one, that needed a pair of wings, well I've made and painted this one now. I followed the same colour scheme as the last one, and also used a GW jungle tree as it's flying stand. All the connections have been pinned like last time to give it added strength to support the model. I also added some extra bends to the base model to add some variation to the last one.


So where did I get the wings, well I made them as you can see in the pictures below.


This now means I have three Coatyl's, two lesser ones and their bigger cousin, below is a group shot of them all together.


That's all for this post, more Lizardmen coming soon, so until next time stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave

16 comments:

  1. Very nice work, Dave! These Coatyl look great together and should stand out on the battlefield too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, I probably field them as lesser pair or a greater version rather than all three at once, but never say never ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Wow!! That has to be one of your most colourful concoctions, Dave, with the group shot being a real treat for the eyes. Marvellous paint-jobs on them all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, all taken from nature, just using wing colours that would compliment the serpent colours, should be a very colourful army when finished ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Splendid looking flyer!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, I think the tree being the flying stand makes the piece a lot better.

      Delete
  4. Wow - just beautiful and worthy of Aztec worship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark, and indeed, where these beasties originally come from, on the base of the large one is actually the Aztec sculptor of one.

      Delete
  5. Nice sculpting work, Dave! I had a feeling you made the wings...but honestly I would not have surprised if at the end you revealed you had found the original manufacturer ones. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, that is very high praise indeed, plus it gives a nice bit of variation between the two.

      Delete
  6. John@justneedsvarnish16 December 2023 at 16:33

    These look really good, Dave! :-) Those sculpted wings are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, they ended up a little thicker than normal, due to the cold weather not being able to get the greenstuff thin enough ! LOL

      Delete
  7. Amazing work on the wings, Dave - they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you snapfit, with the cold weather they ended up a little thicker than I would have liked but should make them a little more durable ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Very nice indeed, Dave - but the thing that stands out to me even more than the painjob are the sculpted feathers on those wings - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, I actually prefer sculpting feathers to leathery wings, they are more forgiving ! LOL

      Delete