Friday 13 September 2024

SEASON OF SCENERY 2024 ROUNDUP

 Firstly a huge thank you to all who took part, and to all the people that supported them, I will not be listing the people who didn't actually manage to post up anything, as this challenge is not about naming or shaming, but celebrating what got done. Don't forget to check out their blogs from the links for more pictures and other great postings. Hopefully I haven't missed anyones entry, but if I have please let me know, and I will correct my mistake.

doubledowndice 


rantingsfromunderthewargamestable


262krieg


spacedinosaurminis


justneedsvarnish


dagreenhorde


markamorin


thewargamingerratic


jonhobbydesk


imperialrebelork


azazelx


gurupig


tllw Stewart didn't manage to get his ambitious project finished but still deserves an honourable mention.


even though these people didn't sign up, check out their blogs for their fantastic scenery and vehicles oldschoolworkshop caveadsum1471 28mmvictorianwarfare

As Roger would complain if I didn't include my own, I managed two vehicles, and the main construction of the Mos Eisley cantina.


Thanks again to everyone, and hopefully some of you will take part in Apocalypse Me in October, more on that later in the month, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

18 comments:

  1. Wow!! What an awesome showcase, Dave, with plenty to hold the eye for quite a while. Marvellous stuff from all those concerned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are amongst very talented people Simon, and it shows in the variety and standard of their work.

      Delete
  2. Last year I managed a tower and this year there were plenty of gun emplacements who knows what next year will bring-thanks Dave it certainly upped my scenery modelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Lorenzo, glad you found the challenge useful, and motivating to get some scenery finished.

      Delete
  3. This is absolutely glorious, I'm checking some new blogs, thank you for bringing them all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Suber, all the blogs listed I would recommend.

      Delete
  4. An excellent round up, Dave! Everyone did a great job on their terrain this year. I've got too many projects on the go and so I never got around to working on terrain like I wanted. I need to do better next time as I have a lot to make!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely didn't name and shame anyone Jeff ! LOL It's a very normal thing so many projects, so little time, and life throwing a curve ball or two, that's why I spend the time doing these challenges, just to help.

      Delete
  5. A really great assortment of varied items! Excellent work by so many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tarmor, I'm always impressed with the variety and level of submissions.

      Delete
  6. some excellent entries there mate, shame i missed it this year as i've been super productive with scenery this year... never mind as a consolation there are some more blogs to start following so all's well that ends well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy, every year has awesome entries by everyone, and they really step up there game, and yes there are some great blogs to look through, that cover a wide range of subjects. October has Apocalypse me challenge, which is any apocalypse setting and scenery counts in that one too.

      Delete
  7. Nice job everyone! 😀
    Some really nice stuff here, including your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's everyone that takes part in these challenges that makes them as great as they are, so a huge thank you to all who take part from me.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic work all around! Thanks for hosting the challenge again, Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome snapfit, I just collect up the images, it's all the people that take part, that make it work.

      Delete
  9. John@justneedsvarnish17 September 2024 at 11:10

    Loadsa nice stuff there, Dave! :-) Thanks for running the challenge and posting all the results, always worth seeing! Although I made a reasonable dent in my unpainted scenery due to the challenge I've got more than enough for next year to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem John, and thanks for being a part of it. Every year I'm always surprised at the variety on display, isn't always the way, there is always more scenery to do ! LOL

      Delete