Monday 12 February 2024

ONLY IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS ARE THAT ACCURATE

 The immortal phrase from Obi Wan Kenobi, that started the whole debate, whether stormtroopers were really that accurate, as the movies and shows have shown that actually the Tuskens are normally better shots than the stormtroopers ! LOL Well I've got another squad of TK's finished to help add more firepower, so that if they are terrible shots, maybe I can take out some rebels with massed fire power ! LOL


While I've been working on this squad I've also got another two scout bikers done as well, which now brings me up to a squad of six, and as their from the starter box, I now have the elusive model facing backwards to fire his pistol.


While I've been working on these Imperials and also the ones I've shown previously I decided to get the Darth Vader from the starter set painted as well, I've given him an Icey base for when I finally get onto the Hoth side of things, which will be a while away ! LOL


Tried a few new ways on the black to try and differentiate between the different materials, hopefully it comes across in the pictures, I've still got one more Vader model that Frank sent me, and I think I'm going to attempt an OSL colour scheme on him as if he's in a corridor like at the end of Rogue One. I've got one more model today who isn't technically Imperial but does work with them, Baylan Skoll, who was played by Ray Stevenson in the recent series Ahsoka, before he passed away. this was a present at Christmas from one of my daughters. As a character it was an interesting one, no longer Jedi, but not Sith either, hence his lightsabre was orange. As IU didn't have any orange lightsabre rod, I used the red, and put a yellow contrast over it, as that's orange. This model was a 3D print, and the quality was very good.

That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe and have fun !

Cheers Dave   

20 comments:

  1. This is certain going to help bolster the ranks of the imperial Forces, nicely done Dave. That 3D print of Baylon looks really good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, some much needed reinforcements ! LOL There are a lot of troops I'd like to get to add some extra depth including pilots for all the different vehicles, just need to find some decent 3D prints as the main producer doesn't seem interested in those ! LOL It was a great model to paint.

      Delete
  2. Excellent looking stormtroopers and Imperial reinforcements! I like the last 3d print , looks good!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, it's been good to get their numbers up ! LOL It's from my favourite 3D artist, as he understands the detail level he needs to translate into a miniature, where some are too shallow.

      Delete
  3. I'm fairly sure the line was "only imperial storm troopers are so precise." not accurate. NERD SHAME!!!!

    but nice miniatures none the less. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Stewart, you can have your fan card back after not remembering the previous quote ! LOL glad you like the mini's

      Delete
  4. Hi Dave, I've just had a run through of your more recent posts and as always you have some pretty spectacular painted things going on. The Dragons are wonderful and I like the Storm Troopers, the crashed thingamy was really excellent but best of all was the masks for your kids, I bet they were really thrilled for you to paint these for them. Of course I's be a little worried at the names they chose for themselves, where are they getting those ideas from? :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, I've had quite a varied painting table so far this year, although I would be quite happy to just be painting Star Wars ! LOL Will always go the extra mile for my children, as for where they got the ideas for those names I have no idea ! LOL

      Delete
  5. Ha! It always bugged me that the stormtroopers, which are supposed to be the best of the best, were reduced to a running gag with the years! Anyway, I won't rant more. Lovely painting, and that Baylan Skoll is a nice surprise and lovely paintjob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, the Baylan model was a nice surprise to receive and a fun challenge to paint.
      The problem in the original Star Wars which filtered down through the rest of the franchise, was you only had a small number of characters, which they didn't want to kill off. If you played out escaping the Death Star and put stormtroopers at BS 2 the hero's would still die, just through sheer number of shots fired at them. If you were against over whelming numbers, you would employ hit and run tactics when they were at their weakest or small numbers.

      Delete
  6. Marvellous post, Dave. I really do like the way you paint your Stormtroopers. The armour looks absolutely superb, imho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, it took a couple of attempts to get it where I wanted, but happy with the results now, and I can also use it for clean Stormtroopers as well, I just leave off the dirt process at the end ! LOL

      Delete
  7. John@justneedsvarnish16 February 2024 at 12:16

    Al very nice, Dave! :-) Darth Vader looks spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it's surprising how much extra work is required for black ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Great work on all of the imperials, Dave! I really like the storm and scout troopers though I wouldn't tell Darth Vader I didn't like the look of him to his face so he's certainly right up there too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, that's the last of them until I get some more unfortunately, as I've now got six bikers I'll probably only get some more on foot. That sounds like a very wise move, you wouldn't want him force choking you through the computer ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Oh no, I had no idea the actor who played Baylan had passed!! I was really interested to see where that character was going. Nice looking minis, I really like that Baylor one and the Stormtrooper firing behind him on the speed bike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, from what I had read it was quite sudden and unexpected, will be interesting to see if they do anything more with the character, or just leave him wondering off. 3D prints are certainly opening up a wider range of available models, and I have been after that scout trooper for a while as it's only available in the core box, and prices for him on Ebay are ridiculous !

      Delete
  10. I didn't know that Ray Stevenson has passed away. He was still relatively young as well. A real shame. Your Imperial collection here does look rather excellent - though the basing issue has got to be one of the bigger ones in Legion - even more than in 40k in some ways with all of the specific environmental troopers and settings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, from what I've read it was rather sudden, and unexpected, they did have a dedication to him in the Ahsoka series. For the most part I want my gaming to be on Tatooine, at some point I may do Hoth, but that will be a way down the line after I've finished the Clone Wars armies, so you'll be seeing a lot more desert bases for the time being.

      Delete