Friday 23 February 2024

IS THAT A NABOO STARFIGHTER ?

 That's what it started of as ! Today I have the Madalorians starfighter, so why another vehicle so quickly, well as my wife bought me another vehicle for our anniversary and I've ordered another speeder, I thought I needed to get on with the two I had for my birthday. The Slave 1 needs a lot of work so I went with the N-1 as this needed a lot less conversion. The first thing I needed to do was remove the fixing lugs that the minifig models come with to bolt on additional weapons ( do children these days really need additional guns to want to play with these ? LOL) I cut off any part of the lug that protruded and then filled the remaining hole with greenstuff, plus fill any screw holes.


Next I moved on to the cockpit, and added a false floor with plasticard, and also made a seat more fitting for this scale using a piece of plasticard for the base plate, and then greenstuff for the seat itself, I also added the head cushion to the detail plate that was already moulded into the cockpit.


The only other bit I needed to add was some barrels for the top guns, this was done with plastic rod, drilled into the housing, the rest was all down to the painting, I've also included a reference picture below to show how well I've done or not ! LOL


That's all for today, so until next time, stay safe, and have fun !

Cheers Dave

20 comments:

  1. Now that is a really nice looking ship! The cockpit, in particular, is excellent. I think the starship designs in Episode One were were really strong. Darth Maul has a cool one and even Queen Amidala's ship is impressive looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff, being a toy, it's got some flaws, but overall a good representation. The prequels had a tough job to make iconic cool ships that looked older than what we knew, and I think they did a great job.

      Delete
  2. John@justneedsvarnish24 February 2024 at 05:19

    That is just spot on, Dave! :-) Of all your stuff, this one has to be one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it was fun trying to match the reference, and had to pull all the different ways of doing silver out on this one, which was a different exercise to normal, as you tend to use one technique throughout ! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great job on the conversion. It came out really good. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stewart, mostly just painting on this one to take from toy to model, Slave 1 will need a lot more on the building part ! LOL

      Delete
  4. It's lovely from the beginning to the end. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suber, was happy with the result, and enjoyed trying out all the silver painting methods on one model

      Delete
  5. Excellent looking conversion work!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, most of the conversion work was done with paint on this, but certainly doesn't look like your standard toy anymore ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Great looking N-1, the interior in particular. You could be a scale-modeller at this point ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SD, the interior is missing a couple of instruments still, due to it would interfere with the canopy, but I can live with out them, being a scale modeller sounds way too much like hard work ! LOL

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! Nearly missed this gem. What was the original model you were converting from Dave?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, the original was the minifigs toy, scale wise it's pretty close in length to what it should be, but the canopies are a little bigger than they should be, the toy is currently available on Amazon, or toy stores.

      Delete
  8. Looks great to me! I'd be hard pressed not to mistake it for the real thing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian, that is very kind, there are a few areas that needed a lot more, but for the amount of work and how much you would see it, I just with paint instead ! LOL

      Delete
  9. That's a sweet upgrade to the base model for sure! Not sure of the practicality of the exposed panels (and I get that they're a visual callback to the Y-Wing, etc), but that's on Jon Favreau, not you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazael, glad you think it's an improvement on the base model. Indeed the exposed engines are a huge risk of being shot and damaged, and so far we've not seen if it has shields like the original starfighter did, which would help eliminate that problem ! LOL

      Delete
  10. I love all the detailing and the photos and setting are brilliant mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luke, it was one of the more challenging pieces of late, but glad to achieve the right balance with it ! LOL

      Delete