Tuesday 21 July 2020

THE PINK AND BLACK ATTACK IS BACK

Carrying on with my Jewel of July entries for azazelx challenge, I've finished my Defiler for my Emperors Children army, I built as a support choice for my Lost and the Damned list to support the mutants and traitor guard as they need all the help they can get. Built this not long after the model was released, got the base done within a year, and then picked it up every so often and added some more paint, until finally finishing it now.

Pleased with the overall effect, and considered it to be a focal point for the army. Have also been finishing off a unit of marines

This unit was inspired by the very talented Adrian Smith artwork

Here's the two based off the picture.

these next two are pretty standard models

these last two were made to round off the unit.

That's all for this post, so until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

15 comments:

  1. That Defiler looks amazing Dave! What a wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, was a hard piece to do as I could spend 3 hours on it and wouldn't look like I'd done anything ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Great looking centerpiece and some good looking marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, wanted a unit that had a bit of a story with them from the modelling and basing

      Delete
  3. Lovely work on all of them Dave, but that Defiler is a real stand out piece!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, there was a lot of donating parts added to him, plus quite a few scratch built pieces, as I wanted it to be a banner for the army

      Delete
  4. Awesomely bright colours, Dave. Your bright pink is electrifying, imho. Terrific stuff, like the others, I think that Defiler is excellent. But your attention to detail on all the Chaos Marine vignettes wins it for me. Meticulous attention to detail :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, pink is one of those colours you either love or hate, me I just got used to painting it ! LOL As with all my armies I like to add character to each model, and into an individual rather than just rank and file

      Delete
  5. That Defiler looks great Dave! Love how you have it traversing the terrain pieces on the base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, when doing scenic bases, I really like an interaction so it looks like it is supposed to be there not just plonked on, the trickiest part was getting the feet to sink in the right amount

      Delete
  6. It's always good to see a Slaanesh force and these are great — the Defiler is just superb and the way it's based is genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, glad you like them, basing I can struggle with as I tend to overthink it, and try and be too precise, better now that I have a more fluid approach to it

      Delete
  7. The pink really works surprisingly well and they blend well with the awe-inspiring Defiler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, wasn't sure about painting pink when I started this army, guess I've got used to doing it over the years. Glad you like the Defiler

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete