Thursday 16 July 2020

SSHH THEY'RE LIBRARIANS

Recently Azazel posted up his 1 st edition librarian model which he painted in legion-of-the-damned I remembered I had the same model, and he suggested if I was going to update it, why not do it for Jewel of July, never being one to shy away from a challenge here he is

The conversion of adding the tabard and jump pack, I did when I first did the model, I did add the purity seals to the weird discs on his leg to make sense of them this time. The only difference to a standard librarian colour scheme is the chest and groin area are painted in standard Night Hawk colours, as they are Night Hawks at their core. I marked the tabard with a codicier symbol, signifying he is a second level librarian, even though GW have removed these classifications, I like them so have kept in my chapter.

While I was doing this I thought I would update my Chief Librarian at the same time, the conversion is from when I did it originally with a couple of tidy ups to make crisper, and then updated the paint including the freehand symbol on the back.

While I was doing this I thought I would check Ebay and GW to see what other librarian models I could find, have to say with the lockdown both sites were very expensive, so had a quick root through the bits box and made this one, have painted it in Epistolary scheme and symbols.
Would like to get some more at a later date, but that will be a tale for another time ! So until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

13 comments:

  1. Nice looking trio of lobbies Dave! Glad you stuck with the olde styles and gave them their "proper" rank markings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by lobbies, I of course meant LIBBIES! Bloody autocorrect...

      Delete
    2. Thank you Dai, seemed a strange move on GW's part, but they do like to keep making changes ! LOL
      No worries on the autocorrect, it happens to us all ! LOL

      Delete
  2. Some amazing attention to detail on these Dave, love the power sword effect too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, the effect is something I've been playing with, not a 100 % happy with it yet, but will keep working at it

      Delete
  3. Nice work on some classic Marines, Dave! You can't beat that era of Space Marines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I'm one of those that believes if a models good why replace it, just because they've brought out a new one

      Delete
  4. Nice work on all three Dave, not really my thing as I never really got into all the different types of marines, but I can appreciate the work that's gone into these.

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, we all have different tastes, being able to appreciate what someone else does, even when it's not your thing is the best compliment you can get.

      Delete
  5. I did like the 'pointy-faced' early marines - I painted a fewfor my then teenage son, but not to the high standard of your own.
    Great work on the other two too but when 'Librarians' were introduced Imy interest in GW mariens fll off rapidly (The original "Space Hulk" though is still my favourite ting to have come from them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, the womble marines are my favourite too, and Space Hulk was an excellent game for that era, not bogged down with heavy ruleset, and a tense atmosphere with not knowing what was around the next corner

      Delete
  6. Lovely trio of space marines!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, will have to do a lot more in the future if I want to do the whole chapter, but that's a project for another day ! LOL

      Delete