Monday 27 July 2020

DID SOMEONE SAY ZOOT SUIT ?

I must have misheard and thought they said Kroot suit !
Returning to my Kroot army as my wife and children got me another box of plastic Kroot for Father's Day, I decided to use these models to finish units before starting new ones, even though I've got a load of ideas for the Kroot Hound Shaper.
I've so far built all the models, but have four left to finish converting before being painted.

These first two are what was needed to finish the basic Kroot squad in action poses

Have finished the five remaining snipers as well, gone for more of a changing position with this group rather than the fixed position I did for the first five.

And lastly today is the Shaper for the Vulture Kindred, as I've been playing with different tones of blue in the squads so they all weren't exactly the same colour, I decided to do a really pale one to mark the Shaper out as special, plan to do the Hound Shaper as a pure albino as well.
Next time will be back to either Jewel Of July models or scenery, so until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

23 comments:

  1. Nice work there Dave, love the blue on these, you did well for Fathers day!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, yes my wife and children totally get me ! Been trying to make them as natural as possible by varying the tones the same as you see in nature

      Delete
  2. Awesome job Dave, just love the colour palette on these chaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, chose colours I'm happy painting so I could finish this project (probably why I've never painted an Orc army, as I don't like painting green ! LOL)

      Delete
  3. Great work on all these minis, Dave. The blue/red combo works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, I felt they contrasted well without being over the top

      Delete
  4. Lovely colour range, really nice finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, currently working on another 4 in another shade, lighter than normal but not as light as the shaper shown, to add more variation to the army

      Delete
  5. These look great - I've never seen Kroot in these sorts of colours before. Very tropical! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazel, most people seem to do the muted greens that GW do, but as they were descended from birds, I thought a more colourful approach would be interesting

      Delete
  6. Your Kroot force must be getting rather large by now? Really nice additions Dave - liking those wings on the Shaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, by the time I'm finished I should have at least 1500 pts worth, but need to finish the Krotox squad, hound squad and great crested Knarloc squad to achieve it.
      The wings are taking a long time on the last four Vulture Kindred as I only have one set of templates and need to make the inside of each set before I can finish the outside

      Delete
  7. Kroots? Nicely painted figures Dave, lots coming off your workbench at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, trying to make the most of my time, when it's possible ! LOL

      Delete
  8. Great job on them all. I love this species for 40K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, always was taken with this species, I even dressed as Anghkor Prok at Games Day 2001 ! LOL

      Delete
  9. Great stuff Dave! Your brushwork is fantastic 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ivor, wish I could get my photography better, but as with everything else it's going to take practice

      Delete
  10. Thank you Joe, they can be either good or bad, as they're a mercenary force, but agree they have a sinister look to them

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cool man. I love the colours you’ve gone for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luke, wanted a tropical bird feel to them mate

      Delete