Monday 13 July 2020

SCENERY SO FAR

Haven't got as far as I would have liked with my entries for my scenery challenge, with working on my Jewel of July entries and also a large painted order for the business, but here is 3 bits I'm hoping to complete

This first one I had envisioned being the main entrance for my Night Hawk's Chapter, but looking at the size of the door it will be better suited as a side entrance, need to make a door for it (doesn't come with one !) and want a weapon to fill the gap between the wings, which I will make out of spare parts from kits that I have. I intend to add a lot of weathering once the painting is finished.

This ruined building will just be an extra piece of scenery which I can put on a gaming board whenever needed. will need even more weathering than the previous piece.

Last up you may recognise as the Hawk Zord from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, because that's what it started as, my intention for this is to have it as the chapter symbol over the main entrance for my chapters monastery, have kept the wings movable, so there will be twin quad lascannons to help protect the entrance way. Needs a load of weathering but happy so far.
That's all for this post, so until next time keep painting your scenery, stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

19 comments:

  1. My word this is impressive Dave! I am acutely aware that I need to get on with my idea for this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, long way to go yet !
      Looking forward to seeing what you do, will it be for your Nam project or is it something for your Star Wars project ?

      Delete
    2. Initially I had an idea for the Star Wars world, but I have just found a Sarissa SE Asia hut that I could assemble, who knows perhaps I'll get both done. Knowing me, I'll end up doing something completely different instead! šŸ¤£

      Delete
    3. LOL I look forward to seeing whichever you do Michael

      Delete
  2. Excellent stuff Dave. Hawk Zord looks particularly awesome imho. Looking forward to seeing the weathering :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simon, the Zord had a lot of screw holes that had to be filled before I could start painting, so glad I’ve got as far as I have, just hope the weathering goes well ! lol

      Delete
  3. I really love the Sector Imperialis terrain kits. Wish they weren't so pricey though. I have a bunch of the stuff from the original Killteam starter box still to get done which I believe is in the same range.

    That Eagle looks so cool! Great idea and man, your plan for the Monastery entrance must be HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, the kits are pretty nice, just lacking in a little texture in some parts, which can be easily remedied by using a sponge or stippling method. I was very lucky with these as they were a gift from a good friend of mine.
      Was a perfect fit for what I wanted, and involved very little work involved, the entranceway will be pretty big, need to win the lottery then I can make the whole monastery ! LOL

      Delete
  4. I've always liked the idea of utilising toys in games and I've seen several great ideas and this isno exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, indeed they can be a great resource to aid our scenery making

      Delete
  5. Really nice start there Dave, I especially like "zoid" idea, I think that will look rather impressive once you've passed your magic fingers over it!

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, it's only taken me since the toy was released to get around to it ( somewhere between 1993-95) so a pretty quick turn around ! LOL

      Delete
  6. Oooh, nice job on the walls! The idea of using that toy for the chapter symbol is very clever. Looking forward to seeing these after they've been weathered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, hopefully the weathering will bring it all together, being able to see past what something was originally designed for, and see it's possibilities is a useful skill with converting, nothings sacred in my house ! LOL

      Delete
  7. Already good looking scenery! Love the repurposed toy bird!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, getting bogged down with details on the buildings at the moment, but should hopefully be onto the weathering soon. The Toy just looked perfect for what I wanted, so was too good an opportunity to pass up

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scenery on a grand scale. This is going to look spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, trying to get the large bits out of the way, and then finish off with some smaller pieces

      Delete