Wednesday 22 July 2020

WHO'S THAT KNOCKING ON THE DOOR !

The answer would be no one if I left the model standard as for some strange reason it doesn't come with a door to fit ! Not being happy with this I've made a suitable door with plasticard and green stuff fitting for my Night Hawks Chapter.

I've also added windows with yellow acetate this time, unfortunately the side windows got a bit messy being so fiddly and now look like they need cleaning !

The gun turret on top was made from spare bits from other kits and a bit of green stuff, it's also movable and removable if I want to change weapon loads or the whole piece at a later point.

Didn't have a ladder for the lower section so used one from my company cut to fit, also the top hatch came off a rhino kit to make it secure.

Kept the weathering to a minimum to show the building is maintained, although it looks like the trainee techmarines might need to repaint the Hawk soon.

Have been working on some new scenery as well and have almost finished a Cyborg charging station, will be making these available through the company as soon as I've got it moulded, the base plate is designed to fit within a standard 25 mm base so models can be placed in the cubicle without any problem.
That's all for this post, hoping to finish some more Jewel of July submissions and more scenery before too long, so until next time stay safe and have fun !
Cheers Dave

14 comments:

  1. Love this Dave and have taken inspiration from it myself. I love how you have taken a bought item and turned it into something truly bespoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, nothing wrong with bought items on the whole, but making it your own, get give you an enormous sense of pride when it's on the table

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Dave, that building front looks great really strange that I came without a door though!

    I still love that "charging station", that is a great bit of work, even if I didn't know what it was to start with! :-)

    Cheers Roger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roger, I thought it was strange too ! LOL Happy with the look in the end
      Glad you like the charging station, the closest you might have seen to it would be Borg regeneration chambers in Star Trek, obviously I've had to put my own spin on it so as not to infringe on copyright

      Delete
  3. That fortress entrance looks so good! The custom door looks like it was stock too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dai, that is very high praise indeed mate.

      Delete
  4. Great looking improvements on the original entrance!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Iain, on the whole it was a pretty good kit, just needed some tweaking to add another level

      Delete
  5. Excellent work, just excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matt, really nice to finally have this finished

      Delete
  6. Wow Dave - hugely impressive! Love to see a completed large piece, and this one is certainly that - and the custom additions like the door and windows just give me ideas for down the line when I start on my own one of these...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Azazel, it's taken the challenge to finally get this done ! LOL if it's inspired your own creations, then that's a great thing in my book, as I take inspiration from others creations myself, and if we can't share ideas then what's the point !

      Delete
  7. Judging by the size of the door, that's a pretty tall building and will make a great batllefield feature !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe, it is a pretty large piece indeed, and should make an impression on the battlefield

      Delete